SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    WWII Veteran requests 100 cards for his 100th birthday.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WWII Veteran requests 100 cards for his 100th birthday. Login/Join 
Picture of cparktd
posted
Snippet below hits right in the ol' feels does it not?
I thought maybe some forum members might want to participate.

SNIP:
Letters hold a special place in South’s heart, as his girlfriend, Sophie, wrote him one for each day he was at war, he told local ABC affiliate WFAA. He and Sophie went on to marry, and they were wed for 55 years before her death in 2001.

Article link
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...y8?OCID=ansmsnnews11

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
My wife and I will send one. I'm sure he'll receive many more than 100!

Thanks for posting!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Charmingly unsophisticated
Picture of AllenInAR
posted Hide Post
One of the guys here is a friend on FB, he posted about it. I have my card here ready to go. Smile

The artist formerly known as AllenInWV

Posts: 16177 | Location: Harrison, AR | Registered: February 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I kinda get the feeling he’s gonna get more cards than he’ll know what to do with. Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He will definitely receive more than a hundred. one of them will be from me.

Posts: 122 | Location: Hernando, MS | Registered: September 16, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm in!

Posts: 1496 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did! Well not a birthday card, but a little note. His birthday is the day before mine, though he has a few more years on me. That said, he looks good for his age. I hope that if I make 100 years old I look that good!

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GMan69:
He will definitely receive more than a hundred. one of them will be from me.

I’d be surprised if the gentleman didn't receive well over 100 from this forum alone.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
James South
5800 North Park Dr.
Watauga, TX 76148

Posts: 107259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
I kinda get the feeling he’s gonna get more cards than he’ll know what to do with. Smile

Im thinking something like this

Posts: 1038 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
I'm in.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Mine will go out in the mail tomorrow.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I'm getting a card today for him. I'd love to know what unit he was in, but I can't find the information.

ETA: Sent!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ArtieS,

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12745 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
I am in and will send him a birthday card.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mine went out yesterday.

PC

Posts: 1332 | Location: NW Wyoming | Registered: November 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I signed mine...I will send it out in the morning...
I hope he gets so many the Post Office has to hire extra carriers to deliver them all Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
Mine went out today.

Posts: 2219 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Mine too

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
good story. I'm sure he'll get more than he asked for.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
btt

Posts: 107259 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post