SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ben Shapiro moving "The Daily Wire" from Los Angeles to Nashville
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ben Shapiro moving "The Daily Wire" from Los Angeles to Nashville Login/Join 
wishing we
were congress
posted
https://deadline.com/2020/09/t...y-boeing-1234577589/

The Daily Wire, the conservative media company started by Ben Shapiro, Jeremy Boreing and Caleb Robinson, plans to move its headquarters from Los Angeles to Nashville.

Boreing said that the move was being made due to a declining quality of life in the city, including high housing costs and homelessness.

The publisher’s 75 employees based in Los Angeles are being given until Oct. 1 to decide whether to make the move, Boreing said. He said that it looked like about 80% would make the move.

The site has grown substantially since its launch in 2015, and was the top publisher on Facebook in July, according to Newswhip. The Ben Shapiro Show has ranked in the top ten podcasts this year, according to Podtrac.

The reasons for the company’s plans to move also are political. Boreing, who has lived in Los Angeles for the past 20 years, blamed city leadership for failing to address the ongoing urban problems, and also cited the state’s high income taxes.

Posts: 19505 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't blame him one bit. Weather is just not enough anymore. I would imagine most businesses like his that can move will move.

If everyones pay stays the same they just got a huge raise.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's going to be eye-opening for his staff members.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I was happy to read this this morning. The more moving out of CA, the better. But hopefully most don't bring their bullshit with them.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38601 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see he's making the move. The mass exodus from the West coast is real.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7058 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Interesting choice of Nashville. I wonder why that over other locations. California is in for some really hard times in the coming years as more and more people escape its grasp for good.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Interesting choice of Nashville. I wonder why that over other locations.

I imagine that no income tax on wages in TN helped. Starting next year, I think TN is ending the income tax on investment income.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’m loving our (unexpected) stay in Texas. Folks are so friendly!
If our daughter and son-in-law take our granddaughters and move, we’re likely to follow.

Posts: 18018 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jodel-Time
Picture of Mboroman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrits:
I imagine that no income tax on wages in TN helped. Starting next year, I think TN is ending the income tax on investment income.

You are correct. The Hall Tax on Dividend and Interest Income is finally gone after this year. I have a lot of investments and have been paying this since I moved here 23 years ago. It used to be 6% and when they agreed to get rid of it they phased it out 1% per year over 6 years. For 2020, it is 1% and then we're rid of it and I'll raise a glass to its demise.

Posts: 559 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's going to be eye-opening for his staff members.

Oh yeah, and Shapiro too. He's been a California Man for too long.

Conservatives moving from a place like Los Angeles to freedom is going to be a life-affirming experience. I'm happy for them all.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Good for him, but I understand that natives of Nashville have pretty much reached their level of tolerance for newcomers. The rapid growth there (as has occurred in many cities of the West) has quickly outpaced the city’s road system; I’m told traffic is getting bad, and not long ago—it wasn’t.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
California is in for some really hard times in the coming years as more and more people escape its grasp for good.

The ship is sinking and no one wants to be the last one out the door. Soon enough all that will be left will be techies in their cubes, politicians, and the homeless. And not enough taxpayers to pay the bills.

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
But hopefully most don't bring their bullshit with them.

Shapiro’s staff should be about as bullshit-free as you can get. They might just push Nashville more to the right.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
With their political and cultural leanings, they'll do just fine in the South.

As far as acceptance: They're from CA, which makes than strange, as opposed to NYC, which would make them objectionable.

Posts: 2452 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Welcome to Tennessee Ben... Come by Bell Buckle sometime and lunch is on me at the Cafe!

Las Angeles with 6 million people has roughly the population of the ENTIRE state of Tennessee. Nashville is only about 600,000.

Gonna be some culture shock. He needs to learn to talk slower Big Grin

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4118 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Good for him, but I understand that natives of Nashville have pretty much reached their level of tolerance for newcomers. The rapid growth there (as has occurred in many cities of the West) has quickly outpaced the city’s road system; I’m told traffic is getting bad, and not long ago—it wasn’t.

Nashville traffic sucks bad. But to say they are coming to Nashville could mean a lot of things, it could just mean middle TN area.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Nashville is just liberal enough to make it a soft landing. But, I'm glad they are moving. More opportunities to convert people to freedom

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Nashville traffic sucks bad.
Los Angeles traffic, on the other hand, is fine. Peaceful. Like a small town with one traffic light. You can get anywhere you want in 15 minutes.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

I waited 10 years
for this
posted Hide Post
Glad to see that operation leaving CAand am a big fan of Ben Shapiro. I can't imagine being even slightly right of Marx living in that cesspool.

Posts: 133 | Location: nebraska | Registered: January 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post