SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ben Shapiro moving "The Daily Wire" from Los Angeles to Nashville
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ben Shapiro moving "The Daily Wire" from Los Angeles to Nashville Login/Join 
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Rogan and now Shapiro.....we need more high profile liberty loving people to do this....and do it as public as possible

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Going way out there on the assumption so forgive me as I may be wrong. But given Shapiro is a devout Jew, an Eruv could have been a high priority in determining a place to setup shop. There is one in Nashville as most big cities.

http://www.sherithisrael.com/thenashvilleeruv

Posts: 198 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: August 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
There is a notable net exodus from CA, which will increase the gov'ts deficit. Add the COVID economic hit - lower tax revenues plus higher public expenditures for unemployment and welfare. Also CA's unfunded liabilities, gov't pensions promised that exceed the amount of money that will be available to pay the pensions.

A common pattern is to increase taxes on "the rich", which induces "the rich" to leave the state, resulting in lower tax collections.

For CA, it's only a matter of time before the bottom falls out.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
Good for him, but I understand that natives of Nashville have pretty much reached their level of tolerance for newcomers. The rapid growth there (as has occurred in many cities of the West) has quickly outpaced the city’s road system; I’m told traffic is getting bad, and not long ago—it wasn’t.

Bad traffic is not a strong enough description. Horrible and starting to look like Atlanta. No different from any city embracing growth and the tax money that comes with it. Still a wonderful area. You just plan carefully to avoid traffic as much as possible.

Posts: 22 | Location: North GA | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
I am guessing the death threats he gets are enough reason to leave the state.

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
"due to a declining quality of life in the city, including high housing costs and homelessness."

And he just figured this out?

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
Rogan and now Shapiro.....we need more high profile liberty loving people to do this....and do it as public as possible

Mike Huckabee, too, has his show in the Nashville area (Hendersonville).

Posts: 4981 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Any place West of the Mississippi has been contaminated with west coasts emigrants and they did bring their BS with them despite their pontificates they did not! Don't believe it? Check the dramatic increase in real estate prices!

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
In the comments under the Vid Para posted...

"I’m scared of getting on a plane with Ben Shapiro, he’d destroy that left wing"

92 red counties in Tennessee, and he picked one of the only three blue ones to move to.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4125 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
92 red counties in Tennessee, and he picked one of the only three blue ones to move to.
My guess is that they're saying moving to "Nashville" generically, as in the show will be based out of a studio there, or near there. No telling where he and his staff will end up living, though.

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6209 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Good for him. Nashville is a beautiful area. California is a slowly (stinking) sinking ship.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10907 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As soon as I get the green light from work to work remotely forever I’m out. I’ve finally had it. Saddens me as a 5th generation Californian with family here since 1870s that I know of to see what CA has become just in the last few years but 20+ years specifically. It’s been 6 months working from home and I’ve been more productive than ever. Turns out all I need is a good WiFi connection and a cell phone. I’ve even managed 6 months with no printer. Record business volume helps. san Antonio area TX, middle TN and Pensacola area FL are on our lists of escape landings. We have family in all 3 areas and they are all tax friendly mostly red states. Ideally we could buy before leaving and not be rushed and let kids finish the school year.

Posts: 4752 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:

I wonder how his blasphemy will go over in the south.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Wonder if Shapiro is having any second thoughts after we now know the level of corruption in Mayor Cooper's office (Covid related).

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:

As a Catholic, I spent more than one Dinner With The Girlfriend's Family in college learning all about how I was confused, misled, and probably destined for Hell because of my denomination (by absolute coincidence, I dated two different daughters of Baptist preachers.) But they were incredibly nice in the delivery. They were genuinely concerned about my soul.

I have never been a religious Jew in the Deep South, but I imagine the experience won't be radically different.

Also, Ben Shapiro is a brain on stilts and I imagine the territory has been thoroughly scouted and considered. I wish him well.

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
Originally posted by SevenPlusOne:
quote:

As a Catholic, I spent more than one Dinner With The Girlfriend's Family in college learning all about how I was confused, misled, and probably destined for Hell because of my denomination (by absolute coincidence, I dated two different daughters of Baptist preachers.) But they were incredibly nice in the delivery. They were genuinely concerned about my soul.

I have never been a religious Jew in the Deep South, but I imagine the experience won't be radically different.

Also, Ben Shapiro is a brain on stilts and I imagine the territory has been thoroughly scouted and considered. I wish him well.

Not the same thing. He openly insults Christ, calling him a crazy person who was killed for his trouble. And says he doesn't agree with any of his teachings. This is overt blasphemy. And means he is diametrically opposed to the fundamentals of the United States of America.

He also thinks the Hughes Amendment is "reasonable", so he can go to hell.

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4617 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
We could learn a lot from the old Communist saying, “No enemies on the Left”.
Intolerance is clearly not limited to the “other” side.

Posts: 18042 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post