SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Romney forced into GOP primary for Utah Senate nomination
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romney forced into GOP primary for Utah Senate nomination Login/Join 
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

This is why I'm super skeptical about politicians. They say all the right things and then when in power and with no one watching, they pull this stuff. Anymore I don't trust any of them as a default position. From there they earn my confidence.

It's not just Kennedy, it's my reps, too. I've talked to them. They claim they are against something, then they vote for it anyway.

The problem at the State level in Utah is the same problem we had in NJ. Where one party is in charge, and there is no competition, people are essentially chosen by the powers that be and handed the job. As a result, we end up with lousy representatives who do whatever they want.

This is the by product of one of the parties racing so far Left. It leaves only one alternative for those on the Right. Eventually that one alternative becomes corrupt because there is no competition.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29683 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
This is the by product of one of both parties racing so far Left.

FIFY

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sidss1:
Well, all of you guys out in Utah. Rep. Mike Kennedy's Mom is a member of my Ward here in Ann Arbor, and until this April's General Conference, I was assigned to be her HT!!!!!SmileSmileSmile

that made me laugh. Big Grin

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sidss1:
Well, all of you guys out in Utah. Rep. Mike Kennedy's Mom is a member of my Ward here in Ann Arbor, and until this April's General Conference, I was assigned to be her HT!!!!!SmileSmileSmile

Well, you can now tailor your service and message to help her son!!

P229

Posts: 3823 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
As a follow up to the moving the prison story, this gem was in the news today.

Next phase of Point of the Mountain development — how to pay for it all

https://www.deseretnews.com/ar...-pay-for-it-all.html

"In Phase 3, we'll be looking at how do we finance the infrastructure in the development study area, which is going to be significant," Snow said. "I cannot underscore enough the portion that relates to transportation funding."

Snow's underscoring references the estimated $3.7 billion in local, and $7.7 billion in regional, transportation and transit infrastructure investment that was called for in the preferred scenarios approved by the commission. At an event last month to kick off a massive, $430 million expansion of I-15 right in the heart of the Point of the Mountain study area near Lehi, Gov. Gary Herbert said even though there are currently no public transit projects funded or underway, more state funding would be going that direction.

What those funding streams might be remains to be identified but at the same event, Herbert said he would be hesitant to bond for transit projects, as the Legislature opted to do for a $1 billion transportation funding package in the 2017 legislative session. However, changes made in the recent session reworking the governance structure of the Utah Transit Authority could make it easier for lawmakers to push funding in that direction, according to Herbert.

"(Now) we can take our typical transportation fund and expand it beyond just roads, highways and byways into, in fact, mass transit," Herbert said. "That’s the first time we’ve been able to take money from one bucket and put it into another bucket.

If you read the article, be sure to read the comments.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Romney should just go away already!

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post