SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Romney forced into GOP primary for Utah Senate nomination
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Romney forced into GOP primary for Utah Senate nomination Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted
Big Grin

quote:
Former GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney failed to secure the Utah Republican Party's nomination for Senate on Saturday, triggering a June primary.

In the final round of voting at the party's convention, state Rep. Mike Kennedy (R) won 50.88 percent of the vote, with Romney following with 49.12 percent.

Because neither candidate secured 60 percent, the two will head to a June statewide Republican primary.

Romney and Kennedy are running to succeed retiring Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah).

Saturday's defeat was a surprising turn for Romney, whose national profile far exceeds Kennedy's and who could count on a strong donor network and the endorsement of prominent Republicans, including Hatch and President Trump.

When he made his bid official, Romney was considered a virtual lock for the GOP nomination and was not expected to face a serious primary challenger.

Kennedy was first elected to the Utah state house in 2012.

Romney's Senate bid in contrast is only the latest step in a long political career...

http://thehill.com/homenews/ca...h-gop-senate-primary

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
sick puppy
posted Hide Post
Good. I hate Romney.

Posts: 7546 | Location: Alpine, Ut | Registered: February 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
This is why everyone who listens to the media's predictions and affords their polling any credibility at all is nuts.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Romney was coronated by Hatch. Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. The fix is in. Much of the changes to the Utah GOP candidate selection process were to clear the way for the carpet bagging RINO. He is smooth and polished. Reminds me of a used car that is too perfect. Something awful lurks beneath the luster. Once he is in, he will be impossible to remove since Utahns will not vote for a Dem Lefty.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Especially when the guy that all the polls say is going to win has been on a losing streak for years. Go, Mike!

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Send the carpetbagger back to Massachusetts!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23944 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
PorterN and darthfuster: how has Mike Kennedy voted? I'm not sure if he is your representative, but is in your general area. I'm not familiar with his record/views.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Send the carpetbagger back to Massachusetts!

Let’s make that Michigan

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you'd like to donate to Rep. Mike Kennedy campaign for Utah Senate race here is the link. I'm going to mail him a check today. Romney's just not on the up and up. How he lost to Obama speaks of a flawed conscious.

https://www.kennedyforutah.com/donate/

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sadly Romney will still win the Primary. Our state’s Republican delegates are a lot more conservative/libertarian as well as a lot more educated than our actual Republican voter-base, who for some reason think that “moderate” and RINO compromise is the key to a healthy government.

Posts: 427 | Location: Utah | Registered: March 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Romney is just a highly polished democratic turd

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If he wins he will brake President Trumps balls every chance he gets.

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Well this started my day off well with a deep belly laugh. Screw the establishment pigs and you too Romney! The gig is up! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Just another RINO, screw Romney.

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WingedMedic:
Sadly Romney will still win the Primary. Our state’s Republican delegates are a lot more conservative/libertarian as well as a lot more educated than our actual Republican voter-base, who for some reason think that “moderate” and RINO compromise is the key to a healthy government.

Well, isn't that great...

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post
Well, should Romney win and be a little bitch with Trump, Trump can start calling him 'Mitt da Shitt'.

Seems fitting.

Posts: 5197 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
PorterN and darthfuster: how has Mike Kennedy voted? I'm not sure if he is your representative, but is in your general area. I'm not familiar with his record/views.

I've met with Kennedy. As of now his head is straight and he understands and respects the bill of rights. I don't know if he'll turn once in power like so many do. He is a solid man as far as I'm concerned and is far and away better than Romney.

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
Fuckin Romney... I cannot stand the smug, feckless, oily bastard. I fear too many Utah voters will not look past his glossy veneer to see the swamp creature that lies underneath.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by divil:
Fuckin Romney... I cannot stand the smug, feckless, oily bastard. I fear too many Utah voters will not look past his glossy veneer to see the swamp creature that lies underneath.

Aware Republicans will not back him in the primaries. I hope there are enough aware Republicans. If he is the party nominee, I will vote for him....then I will finger induce vomiting.

posted Hide Post
We don't want him back

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post