SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone hiring in the Middle TN region?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hiring in the Middle TN region? Login/Join 
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted
Yep, got the news today that after 10 years with my company my position was eliminated company-wide.

Pretty sure this counts as the worst day of my life, so far.

Shit.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Were you in the medical field?

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
No, retail sales/management.

Posts: 3659 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that, Bob. It really is a crappy situation.

I was down-sized more than once. Projects cancelled, divisions eliminated, whole sections of a company closed down.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Not in any way saying I can help but shoot me your resume to my email and I will see if anything fits or get it on front of a couple of my recruiters.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
What are you looking for? Shift? Etc?

Shoot me an email with your resume

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
After 20 years with the same company, I was laid-off while on vacation.
Seemed pretty bad at the time, felt pretty much how you are feeling.

Turned out to be one of the great turning points in my life.

Not much anyone can say to you now to help you feel better, but know that you are not alone and will likely be better off down the road.

That being said if I were laid off tomorrow I would likely have the same bad feeling as before.
This will be a tough portion of your life.
Take the opportunity to tighten your belt financially and dive in quickly to look for a better job opportunity.

Others have made it through it and you will as well.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
One door closes, many doors open.

Good luck.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Yep, got the news today that after 10 years with my company my position was eliminated company-wide.

Pretty sure this counts as the worst day of my life, so far.

Shit.

Been there/Done that. Same field as your...feel free to send me an email if you want to talk.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
That totally blows. I hope it works out for you and you find something you like even more.

Ever considered going back to school or learning something new?

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17269 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Sorry Bob. The economy is a lot better than years past in many regions. I am betting you will find yourself employed sooner than later. And like so many. It turned out for the better. Best of luck. Cool some SF members offering to help.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
G4S Secure Solutions is looking for a number of security officers and a security operations manager in Nashville. Pay ranges up to 40k.

usajobs.g4s.com

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I just shot you an email with what minuscule help I can offer.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7675 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I appreciate the thoughts and comments. Thanks everyone.

posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear. Might check for supply chain or logistics jobs in the Nashville area. My wife's office moved from Denver to Nashville about 3-4 years ago and I know quite a few companies have made that a hub of sorts. Might be able to parley your skills into something. She worked for APL Limited but the company is now owned by CMA CGM.

Anyhow, I don't know much more about things there than that but it might be something to consider if you have relevant skills. There's typically a regular need for CSR / Sales type of folks.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Tractor Supply has a couple of pages of job openings at their Brentwood HQ, including many management positions.

http://tractorsupply.jobs/areas.php

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check USAJOBS, there might some near Fort Campbell. There also used to be a DYNACORP office across the street from the base that filled jobs on post.

Posts: 4584 | Location: Where ever Uncle Sam Sends Me | Registered: March 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post