SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Finally got the kids off their technology...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Finally got the kids off their technology... Login/Join 
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted
I only get my kids every other weekend. They are 16 and 14. I've never gotten them interested in shooting for some reason. Tonight, being that I finally found a club with 24 hour indoor access, I got them to go.

The damn kids are better shots than me first time out. LOL They really really enjoyed themselves. Finally something other than food we can bond over. It was actually an awesome manly day. We fixed my car brakes, watched a Jason Statham movie, ate huge ribeye steaks and then shot a few hundred rounds. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That, Sir, is AWESOME news! Congratulations on a great day!

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
24 hour indoor range access... you sir are one lucky man.

Posts: 465 | Location: Space City | Registered: October 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
That sounds like a perfect day!

Posts: 3238 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by unarmed:
24 hour indoor range access... you sir are one lucky man.

Yup. I was a member years ago and I let my membership lapse when I wasn't going much. 2 years ago when I decided to get back to shooting more was when I found out that it wasn't a standard thing. So many clubs have a ton of rules that make them less than desirable. This club had no openings. I waited 6 months before I could join again. 24 hour badge access with an automated gate. Up to 3 guests as often as I want. Shoot anything up to .500 S&W. Best range rules I've come across. Quick draw and combat shooting okay also as long as everyone is okay with it while there.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Good for you and them,they look very focused.
That skill will follow them thru life.
I started my sons out young and also my grand daughters.
The oldest grand daughter is on the rifle team in high school,its only air rifle though,she has been a crack shot with pistols and rifles from about ten years of age.

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I was pretty proud of them. They were really horsing around as we were getting ready to leave and making jokes while I was going over rules. I ended up yelling at them and telling them that this was mature stuff and a mistake could be very dangerous. But once at the range they listened carefully and followed all the rules perfectly. Not once did they turn around to ask me something before putting the gun down on the bench facing the backstop.

These go to eleven.

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Outstanding, great to hear kids welcomed to the real world!

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
Awesome man. Congrats on a great day. Be encouraged and be blessed

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3574 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
Great job freyedends! I am so looking forward to that day with my boys, who are soon to be 11 and 12. My step-son, who is 17, will be going very soon.

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Woke up today..
Great day!
posted Hide Post
THAT is a great day!

Posts: 1767 | Location: Chicagoland | Registered: December 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post