SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anybody a good shot with a blowgun?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anybody a good shot with a blowgun? Login/Join 
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted
So I have one that I bought for a variety of reasons. First thing I did was check to make sure the tube was straight, it is. So then I started practicing, I couldn’t hit anything until I closed my right eye and aimed with my left eye. Doing this, I was fairly accurate. I’m right handed though. Any reason why I’m shooting as a “lefty?”

Posts: 12460 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
A long while back, I remember getting the best results with both eyes open & putting the center point of "both" blowguns on the target for best windage.

Elevation was a matter of trial & error.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5478 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
A long while back, I remember getting the best results with both eyes open & putting the center point of "both" blowguns on the target for best windage.

Elevation was a matter of trial & error.

Yup. Same here.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7506 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Mine was lost forever ago, along with my first nunchucks with the swivel chain.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you friends with the guy looking for a burner phone?

Posts: 17225 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
Practice at lots of ranges, lots of practice!

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I’ll try the “double vision” method.

posted Hide Post
It doesn’t matter what “handed” you are it matters what eye dominant you are.

Posts: 3910 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The Hovitos sure missed Indiana Jones a lot.

Always assumed they all had onchcerciasis.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I impressed my wife once with mine. Bat got in our house and was about 22' up on the front wall. I went out to the garage, got my blowgun, that she didn't even know I had. Nailed the bat first shot Cool

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wreckdiver:
I impressed my wife once with mine. Bat got in our house and was about 22' up on the front wall. I went out to the garage, got my blowgun, that she didn't even know I had. Nailed the bat first shot Cool

Did you make soup? They taste like chicken.

Posts: 15887 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Man I wanted one of those as a youngin, but my wallet didn't match my ninjee skills

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Be adventurous... use throwing stars instead.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Whaaaa? A good slingshot not good enough? "D

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What caliber? I have a .40 that I got forever ago that's great fun, and a Cold Steel .625 that is capable of putting surprisingly large game on the table (but not in my hands!) Search YouTube for videos of Tim Wells taking goats and even black bear.

I've used my .40 in younger days for mouse control. The dart would pin the mouse to the wall, preventing escape, and the cats appreciated the free shish kebabs.

Posts: 367 | Location: Southwest Missouri  | Registered: April 08, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Plugugly:
What caliber? I have a .40 that I got forever ago that's great fun, and a Cold Steel .625 that is capable of putting surprisingly large game on the table (but not in my hands!) Search YouTube for videos of Tim Wells taking goats and even black bear.

I've used my .40 in younger days for mouse control. The dart would pin the mouse to the wall, preventing escape, and the cats appreciated the free shish kebabs.

You blow gun all the bears you want.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
To answer some questions: the blow gun is .40 caliber. We seem to have a bit of a rodent problem as the field across the street is being developed and the dog is useless (which is also why I'm not using poison). We can't get a cat because of a neighbor who does not like them and no BB guns in the city. I considered a wrist rocket but ditched the idea as they are too powerful.

Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

What kind of projectile(s) do you use in a blowgun?

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10784 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Mine was lost forever ago, along with my first nunchucks with the swivel chain.

they are probably with your clacker balls

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2012 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post