SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    KARMA - Sig Forum Challenge Coin - ugeesta is the Winner
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

KARMA - Sig Forum Challenge Coin - ugeesta is the Winner Login/Join 
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted
Just in time for Christmas delivery.

Cost of entry - I was impressed by Arlen's post about his 50th Anniversary so please answer the following:

If you are married, tell us how long you have been married?
One piece of advice that has made your Marriage successful. ONLY ONE.

If you are not married, that is okay you can still get in and if you have any advice you would like to share, it is a bonus.

Drawing on Thursday and I will send the Coin on Friday.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: armedprof,

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honor and Integrity
posted Hide Post
Please include me. I haven't found "the one" yet.

Posts: 2219 | Location: Fitchburg, WI | Registered: March 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lugerguards
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the chance.

We have been married for 23 years. She advises me all the time “ that it is cheaper to keep her” my advice to others, Happy wife Happy Life!

Shawn

Nothing here to see!

Posts: 1865 | Location: Will County, Illinois | Registered: October 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Please include me, thank you.

Married 15 years. Always make sure that you have the last words if you have an arguement but make sure those last words are always ‘yes dear’ Wink

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Five days to go to my 4th anniversary., it`s on the 17th.
Happy wife, happy marriage/life would be the wise advise. if only I was able to remember/follow it life would be all so much simple and easy.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you for the karma, Married 33 years, pick your battles, most things are not worth getting upset about.

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you're gonna be a
bear, be a Grizzly!
Picture of Todd Huffman
posted Hide Post
Please include me. I've been married for 11 years, we've been together for 13.
The best thing I can say is don't feel the need to be attached at the hip all the time. Everyone needs a break now and then. Have a garage or basement workshop to go piddle around in.

Here's to the sunny slopes of long ago.

Posts: 3633 | Location: Morganton, NC | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pal:
Thank you for the karma, Married 33 years, pick your battles, most things are not worth getting upset about.
Jim

I've been married for 29 years now...
and it took about 25 years for me to figure that out!
Great advice.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
In Please. Married to the Love Of My Life for 45 years. Advice????? Deal with what is, not what you want it to be.

Posts: 4403 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Married to the same woman for 42 years so far. Learn to listen, agree sympathetically and be very slow to suggest "solutions" to her issues, particularly when they involve her inlaws.

Posts: 1169 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the chance.

Married 17 years now. Best advice I can give is to make her laugh daily.

Posts: 2824 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Thanks for the chance.

Married 17 years now. Best advice I can give is to make her laugh daily.

Robin Williams said, "Laughter is the best form of birth control. When I drop my pants and she laughs at what she sees, it's all over."

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never been married - just never got that far.

My parents, however, made it just shy of 65 years before Mom passed.

Make sure to a little something special often.

Posts: 2768 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
Married 25 years this past Oct.

I think one of the keys has been that we are friends as well as spouses. We actually like hanging out together.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3839 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
ugeesta is the winner.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Woo-Hoo! Thank you sir. Information on the way.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5745 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Want to see a pic of it with your P220elite !!

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Yeah, let me see if I can find that old thing. It's gotta be buried in a box around here somewhere...

This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpyBiker:
Want to see a pic of it with your P220elite !!

Here you go Grumpy. Finally found it stuffed in a box n the corner of the basement. Razz