SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Braunschweiger I had no idea.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Braunschweiger I had no idea. Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Love the stuff!

Was lucky enough to be raised close to a genuine family run German meat market that made its own outstanding sausages (Steigerwalt's in Syracuse).

I miss Danzer's.

OMG! Me too. The HUGE sandwiches and dark beer after an outing was a phenomenal experience. Could only eat half and packed the other home. Big Grin The "replacement" Danzer's never came close to what was a North Side ICON.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Toasted pumpernickle bread, mustard on one slice, mayo on the other slice, sometimes sliced pickles, no onion,

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fried??

Sandwich with mayo or just spread it on saltines, grew up with that having our German immigrant grandfather living in our home most of my childhood.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Posts: 3504 | Registered: September 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smithnsig:
I bet it’s good on light bread with a bunch of mayo but I’m on keto and it’s working. I do take an off day occasionally and will probably try it.

Cup of bone broth with Turmeric, Cayenne, Garlic, Butter and drop in a couple ounces of Braunschweiger. Tastes amazing, good for you and almost no carbs if you get a brand that used no sugar. Great way to get the nutrient benefits of organ meats.

https://grasslandbeef.com/ makes a no sugar version.

JC

Posts: 1269 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Back around 1961, give or take a year or two, we used to stop at McSorley's on Friday evening, after work.

Mugs of ale, two for thirty-five cents, and a large platter of liverwurst, onion slices, and rye bread was a buck and a half.
That place is great....
It has changed. Back then, it was men only.

McSorleys is 165 years old today

Yo buddy click dis link

Posts: 23439 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Holy Ale House, Batman!

Back when I went to McSorley's on a fairly regular basis, my daily commuter through the NYC traffic was my 1960 BMW R-50. Not easy to tell from that photo, but it looks like the BMW parked there is a somewhat newer R-69.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
So, I looked it up expecting that the saturated fat levels would be off the charts.

Saturated fats do not raise the risk of heart disease.

Correct!

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My mother is of German descent, my father is of Native Americian Indian descent, oddly enough, it's my dad who eats Braunschweiger. Maybe my mom is the one who turned him on to it. I've never known anyone heat or fry it. My dad eats it all by itself or on crackers. I only eat it all by itself, but not very often. When I do eat it, I always think of my dad. He is the only person that I've seen eat it.

Posts: 537 | Registered: March 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post