SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    McDonald's Security Guard vs Thugs
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

McDonald's Security Guard vs Thugs Login/Join 
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted
Supposedly this started when the guard asked these guys to leave because they were sleeping at the McDonald's.

It's really bothersome how everyone is just standing around watching when this could be stopped with one or two able bodied men helping him out...or an armed citizen.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Well, to their credit, the large man in the suit, huffing and puffing, was doing his best, as well as the little guy in the orange shirt channeling Sammy Sosa with chair shaped football bat.

And a couple of the homeless guys were also pitching in.

Given the circumstance, those few bought they guard some time and may well have saved his life, and I am not being dramatic.

But, I do believe and agree, more able bodied people willing to step up when it is absolutly required will not take the teeth out of the animal, but may well cause him to hesitate starting anything if he will have his ass handed to him, or be left for the Medical Examiner to clean up.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice MdDonalds.

Nothing good happens at a McD's after dark.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4576 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
On one hand I agree that it's hard to watch people standing around, but unfortunately there's also a lot of liability that comes with jumping into something like that. You could be seriously injured or you could seriously injure someone, both of which could be a huge detriment to you.

Now in the case of someone being gravely injured/killed, then throw that stuff out the window. Best course of action until then is to call law enforcement asap and try to diffuse. Good on the ones that did step in.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Nice to see the cops being so helpful... Roll Eyes

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Nice to see the cops being so helpful... Roll Eyes

In a few years, Obama's legacy will be a nuclear Iran. But, right now, his legacy is intimidated LEOs.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wait, McD's has diet Dr Pepper?

On topic - I'd like to think I'd get in the thick of things if I see the guard over powered, but I'm not so sure. There looked to be too many variable (one vs one, one vs two, then sympathetic homeless joining in). I'm reminded of my CCW training, the first rule is to escape/disengage. Sure these guys were pummeling each other, but could I say anyone's life was in danger? I didn't see a single McD employee lift a finger (corporate liability).

No win situation. A crap sandwich indeed.

P229

Posts: 3825 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The attacker has no redeeming value as a human. People like that just need to be put to death. Save the taxpayers the burden of housing and feeding this guy in prison.

Posts: 2017 | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wait, McD's has diet Dr Pepper?

Must be why they need a security guard.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you hear the lady towards the end?

"that's why I say non-violence"

That's why your head is stuck in the ground, this type of thing will happen regardless if you say "non-violence" or not.
It reminds me of the saying about evil persists if good men do nothing (paraphrasing). But I think Sig Monkey is right, the guy in the suit and the one in the orange did do the right thing.

Posts: 193 | Registered: May 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
I'd like to think I'd get in the thick of things if I see the guard over powered, but I'm not so sure. There looked to be too many variable (one vs one, one vs two, then sympathetic homeless joining in). I'm reminded of my CCW training, the first rule is to escape/disengage. Sure these guys were pummeling each other, but could I say anyone's life was in danger? I didn't see a single McD employee lift a finger (corporate liability).

I think one lesson that might be taken is when there are clearly enough people present to stop the attack, try to rally the able-bodied men to join you in restraining the attacker or blocking them from getting to their target, instead of just going in yourself. Some good leadership might go a long way in preventing anyone from being seriously injured.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
That guy swinging the chair could have ended it with one good shot but he was completely ineffective with it.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
animals

all of them

you think its bad now

just wait until their EBT Cards have 0$ in them

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53176 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's nothing in McDonalds I'm getting stabbed or shot over.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Aaaawwww yes, reminds me of the good ol' days. The wonderful weekend of working as a Special Peace Office at a Downtown Mc Cockroach.

I worked nights at a wonderful place, been in alot of shit similar to that. Outnumbered two, three acouple of times four to one.

I never got my ass handed to me, but I have walked away in bad shape. I will say that LMPD was alot more helpful than those police officers, but I had pretty good relationship with the guys and girls on the beat.

That was a real shitshow. That large guy in the gray suit, most likely saved the security guards life.

When I was doing this kind of thing, was 17 years ago. I saw how things were going then, it's only gotten worse.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I suspect I might be the guy in the middle of this video Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmpLZalaaGU

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16691 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master-at-Arms
Picture of apf383
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
animals

all of them

you think its bad now

just wait until their EBT Cards have 0$ in them

Oh Lordey Lord!!!!

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7507 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
On one hand I agree that it's hard to watch people standing around, but unfortunately there's also a lot of liability that comes with jumping into something like that. You could be seriously injured or you could seriously injure someone, both of which could be a huge detriment to you.

Your last sentence is why we have situations like this:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6480027624

It's not that people don't want to help but when those who want to help seemingly are held more liable than just standing by legally and criminally, it seems like the easier thing to do is to not help. It's especially true if you actually have something to lose unlike the lowlifes in that video.

Posts: 13109 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
So MMQBs did this in your opinion rise to the level of shooting assailant?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post