SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I sell cars. Ask me anything.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I sell cars. Ask me anything. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Where are my pants?
And at 3K now, my 2018 Silverado LE Double Cab V6 4X4 has been excellent. All except the high beam headlights, which are anemic. When the lease is up, I may go Colorado.
Keep me posted on the pants.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16005 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
How sorry are you that you started this?

Posts: 4609 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JDHunz:
quote:
Originally posted by clubleaf206:
What is the unladen airspeed of a Swallow?

African or European?

Depends on who’s swallowing!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4810 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you required to have a customer do a test drive? I bought a Jeep once and the salesman made me test-drive it. Told him I would to it humor him and his boss. Didn’t need to since a I knew what I was buying and it was new. It just floors me the thinking the sales managers have that everyone should test drive a new car and the line of thinking that “if I was spending $30k, 50k, etc on a new car I’d want to test drive it before I bought it. I’ve spent way more than that on used semi trucks purchased sight unseen and never test drive them upon pick up. Just went and picked up a 2019 Lonestar and never test drove it. If the customers’ mind is made up let him sign the papers and move on to the next customer.

God, Guns, and Guts made this country....let's keep all three

Posts: 495 | Location: TX | Registered: March 09, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Congrats on the new gig!

I've been kinda looking at the Colorado/Canyon but have heard rumors that the 2020 model will go through some changes. Any news on that? Also, have heard that the real time mpg is no where near the published figures. Talking about V6, 5' bed and four doors here. Any feed back from customers on this?

Thanks, man.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5024 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by roadkill:
Are you required to have a customer do a test drive? I bought a Jeep once and the salesman made me test-drive it. Told him I would to it humor him and his boss. Didn’t need to since a I knew what I was buying and it was new. It just floors me the thinking the sales managers have that everyone should test drive a new car and the line of thinking that “if I was spending $30k, 50k, etc on a new car I’d want to test drive it before I bought it. I’ve spent way more than that on used semi trucks purchased sight unseen and never test drive them upon pick up. Just went and picked up a 2019 Lonestar and never test drove it. If the customers’ mind is made up let him sign the papers and move on to the next customer.

Yes. We push for test drives because of the amount of people that swear that they know what they are getting, owned 5 of them, etc.......and then bring them back a few days later and want to return them because they "drove different or didnt have this button or feature". A salesperson got shown the door when a customer convinced him that he knew what he was getting and bought a truck sight unseen. Truck comes back two days later after it was picked up by the guys wife. Salesguy ain't a salesguy anymore. If the customer really resists, I tell the desk/manager and let them make the call.

Posts: 3569 | Registered: February 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
Congrats on the new gig!

I've been kinda looking at the Colorado/Canyon but have heard rumors that the 2020 model will go through some changes. Any news on that? Also, have heard that the real time mpg is no where near the published figures. Talking about V6, 5' bed and four doors here. Any feed back from customers on this?

Thanks, man.

No idea. I get no inside news on upcoming products. No feedback from customers on fuel mileage. I just read the window sticker.

Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Funny you came along on here. In the past six months, I have been looking at replacing my 2001 2500hd Crew cab long box gas with another one but in 3500hd. The new prices are insane, and two year old pricing are not far behind!

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I was looking at a Nissan. We were all set for the test drive and I kid you not I could not sit up straight in the SUV.
I started to get out and he says, " if we do the test drive I get $25" so I drove it around, with the seat leaning back, shortest test drive ever. Smile

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3576 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
One of the nicest dealerships I have dealt with is Classic Chevrolet right down the road from my home. Bought a couple of vehicles from them and was treated very fair. Good luck with your job.

Posts: 5298 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
for me and most friends and family I talk to, the biggest turn off to car sales is the sales person not knowing their product. I have always and I mean always known more than any sales person about any make or model they are trying to sell, new or used. I have been in and around the business many years and see this all the time, sales people knowing nothing about the vehicle, just focused on getting the sale. especially when the customer returns to service and says their vehicle does or doesn't have a certain option but the sales person said it did or didn't have it. I have educated many a sales person on the service drive on features vehicles have and don't have.

know how the new warranty or extended warranties actually work. nothing like a customer walking into the sales floor to yell at you because the warranty doesn't cover the needed repairs that their sales person told them it did. tires are warranted by the manufacture of the tire not the builder of the vehicle.

learn your product. especially if your not or haven't been a "car guy". if you only sell new vehicles then learn all the models, features and options. don't just focus on the safety or electric gadgets or items you like. know all of them. if your only used sales then try to learn makes features. common features that Ford, Chevy, dodge, Toyota, Honda and so on put on all their vehicles. on different models learn the better selling ones but don't hesitate to say let me look into that feature/option on this one. then go pull up the vehicle online and poke around for the answer, don't just guess on it. yeah it might be boring to learn or of no interest to you but your potential buyer wants to know. and most will know more than you since they sit on the interwebs for days researching before they go to the dealer.

treat all potential buyers with respect. you can talk about them at the water cooler after they sign the papers and drive off. and never ever judge a potential customer by the way they look, talk or what they drove onto the lot. you will be surprised at what folks with money and excellent credit will wear and drive around in.

good luck with your sales. the best sales people I have known, know their product, their customer, are polite, respectful and take whatever time is needed to close the deal. and those are the ones that always have repeat customers and referrals. the sales people that are sleezy, disrespectful, talk down to the buyer, brag about all their sales and constantly kiss sales managers asses don't last long.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1299 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
JOIN, or DIE
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Not knowing product. I do my best but will always ask, research or double check anything I'm not sure of. Customers vary in their product knowledge, most of the time if they have been researching one model, they will know as much or more than the salesperson. I do ok on most knowledge but sometime you get super detailed questions.

Warranties. I know what the factory warranty is and covers but they go over that more in depth back in finance where they are offering extended plans.

I treat everyone the same. Dudes in suits can be broke and I've sold vehicles to people paying in cash that look rather normal (jeans/t-shirt). You can never tell. I try to be super upfront with people about where we are at and what the deal will look like.