SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Students vote to give blacks free tuition at Western Kentucky University
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Students vote to give blacks free tuition at Western Kentucky University Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Give it to them.

In just one semester you will have a 98% black student body paying nothing to be there. Let the professors who teach this leftist BS get laid off and salaries slashed because there is no tuition income.

As they say, be careful what you wish for

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10719 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
quote:
We are raising a generation of tyrants. Get ready.

It's what's coming.

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
The concerning part isn't that a group of student council leaders think that it's the socially prudent thing to do, offer reparations to blacks, but that these same people will be graduating, and like it or not, in charge (as a group) of the country at some point in the future.

They will take these same values and ignorance with them to jobs, government positions, congress where they will try to implement the same ideas in 30 to 40 years, at least that's the plan...

Posts: 23244 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Although I agree with this, there are some exceptions and a few bright spots. A good friend of mine had a problem with his high school aged son (junior, I believe). He got into some trouble at school for pulling some pranks like toilet paper and eggs on the school. It did cause some damage and when my friend found out he was livid. Now my friend grew up on a ranch in Montana. Spent his life in the service. His wife also grew up on a ranch (Idaho, I believe). They are good people and were NOT happy with his actions. This happened when he was stationed in Quantico. His son never had a want or a hard life except for moving around. Well after this incident he got a dose of reality. My buddy kicked him out of the house. Not like in the street, he was under 18, but he pitched a tent in the backyard in Stafford and that was where he lived for the rest of the school year. He was allowed in the house to shower and take meals then it was back to his tent. When summer break came he was shipped off to grandad's ranch in Montana. Where grandad proceeded to WEAR HIS ASS OUT. When that young man returned in the fall (and I use the term young man because he became one) his attitude was a complete 180 from what it was previously. He has a whole new outlook on life. He is finishing school and headed to college. And he takes NOTHING for granted anymore.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Who exactly would be entitled?
Blood testing? A certain percentage of African blood?

"The purpose of this was to get a conversation started... about reparations owed to blacks."

Small details,... need to be worked out, nuanced.... it wouldn't hurt anybody....
Roll Eyes

I keep hearing that phrase from the leftist- "We need to start a converstation", as if we havent tried. Take a look at Berkeley, thats how you idiots behave when we try to have a "converstation". Theres no need to negotiate with irrational, illogical peons like that.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3440 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Actually, I support this. I think out country owes a free college education to anyone who was directly owned as a slave prior to 1863. Honestly their civil rights were infringed and they are owed reparations and a chance to succeed.

Furthermore, anyone who's ability to get a college education was negativity impacted by Jim Crow Laws prior to 1965 should be offered discounted tuition.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Although I wholeheartedly support compensation for any living verified slave (I would require a receipt, fraud is rampant nowadays), my family did not come to this country until 1912. Therefore my ancestors, myself, and my progeny are exempt from any and all deals made to provide monetary relief. Someone else will have to pay.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Mr. Binky and Mr. Wire: Bingo. I think that is a compromise that anyone can accept. Fair, targeted to the right recepients, and generous to a fault. Good thinking there, I'm in.

Posts: 6358 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Although I wholeheartedly support compensation for any living verified slave (I would require a receipt, fraud is rampant nowadays)

Ya, I would require a receipt!
They would be a minimum of 154 years old!
It's an absurdity to illustrate the absurd!

quote:
my family did not come to this country until 1912. Therefore my ancestors, myself, and my progeny are exempt from any and all deals made to provide monetary relief. Someone else will have to pay.

I'm with you there.... my family escaped Germany between WWI and WWII.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23949 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
I'm all for it. I'll Rachel Dolezal the hell out of this deal.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3509 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
maintain a 3.5 grade, put five years in the military and give everyone a free ride

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Unfortunately, this is the reason the relationship between my college age son and I has deteriorated so severely. He's begun to buy into the twaddle these people are shoveling and is offended when I tell him that in general, the current generation of college students are totally worthless.

Sorry to hear of this. Not quite a Sigforum parent's worst nightmare, but losing a child to the dark side would be a hard pill to swallow.

Luckily my son has strong conservative values finishing up his freshman year. It helps he is away from CA and in Texas. He is just disappointed he does not have access to his favorite firearms while living in the dorms.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16613 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by side_shot:
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
The first question that comes to mind is "The one drop rule." A product of the Jim Crow era, it basically classifies as Black anyone that had even a drop of Black blood. Wonder how many will use this to get freet tuition.

Elizabeth ‘Pocahontas’ Warren likes that idea

windows 7 print screencertificity.com

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Let's just cut to chase. I say we give all minorities a living wage, a house, car, college tuition and an entertainment allowance. Whites have put so many obstacles in the path of every minority that it's virtually impossible for them to succeed in life. It's the right thing to do and all white people are rich and can easily afford to pay for this justice.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3505 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
I'll bet if they showed these idiots the cost of tuition & fees for next semester based on current population, they'd change their minds.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigmanic:

“Due to discriminatory education, housing and employment policies that have disproportionately held back Black Americans......."

You may want to aim your ire at the DNC for policies that have enslaved minorities since the 1960s.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:

Although I agree with this, there are some exceptions and a few bright spots. A good friend of mine had a problem with his high school aged son (junior, I believe). He got into some trouble at school for pulling some pranks like toilet paper and eggs on the school. It did cause some damage and when my friend found out he was livid. Now my friend grew up on a ranch in Montana. Spent his life in the service. His wife also grew up on a ranch (Idaho, I believe). They are good people and were NOT happy with his actions. This happened when he was stationed in Quantico. His son never had a want or a hard life except for moving around. Well after this incident he got a dose of reality. My buddy kicked him out of the house. Not like in the street, he was under 18, but he pitched a tent in the backyard in Stafford and that was where he lived for the rest of the school year. He was allowed in the house to shower and take meals then it was back to his tent. When summer break came he was shipped off to grandad's ranch in Montana. Where grandad proceeded to WEAR HIS ASS OUT. When that young man returned in the fall (and I use the term young man because he became one) his attitude was a complete 180 from what it was previously. He has a whole new outlook on life. He is finishing school and headed to college. And he takes NOTHING for granted anymore.

That is how character is built. Unfortunately, that story is the exception. There are far too many teapot tyrants being groomed by our society. One day some of them will have power when each of us is at our most vulnerable.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not understand these whiny idiot people. I am Filipino, the Spanish made my people slaves for hundreds of years, yet you do not see Filipinos asking for reparations for something that happened hundreds of years ago. How about my Jewish brothers and sisters ? I do not see them asking the Egyptians for reparations ? So many people in this world now think they are entitled or use some kind of crutch about something that happened in the past. Ok enough of my rant. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3058 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
I guess if I were college age I could self-identify as black.
How come I cant picture this ? Big Grin
Waddaya mean by that? I was college age once.

Just because I'm a known Geezer, doesn't mean that I wasn't young once (a long time ago).

Use your imagination. Try hard. You'll be able to picture it if you really, really try! Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post