SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Students vote to give blacks free tuition at Western Kentucky University
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Students vote to give blacks free tuition at Western Kentucky University Login/Join 
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
Right now this means nothing.

I'm honestly getting really worried for the next 10-15 years when these idiots are actually in a position with some amount of power.

Exactly. These kids don't have the money to pay for this "free tuition."

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Well, well, well...my grand dad was jewish...that makes me 1/4 jew....I want some free shit too!

Damned Egyptians

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11275 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12672 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Although I wholeheartedly support compensation for any living verified slave (I would require a receipt, fraud is rampant nowadays)

Ya, I would require a receipt!
They would be a minimum of 154 years old!
It's an absurdity to illustrate the absurd!

quote:
my family did not come to this country until 1912. Therefore my ancestors, myself, and my progeny are exempt from any and all deals made to provide monetary relief. Someone else will have to pay.

I'm with you there.... my family escaped Germany between WWI and WWII.

My family came here as refugees just before the first shots of WWII. They had all their property stolen from them, and most were killed in concentration camps. When they arrived here they lived in the slums of NYC and had to work multiple jobs below going rates because people hated both Jews and Germans. My grandfather even changed his freaking name to avoid racism.

I demand both reparations for how my family was treated when they arrived AND zero responsibility for paying for the blacks reparations since my family didn't come until 80 years after slavery had ended.

This lady pisses me off there is nothing baring or any additional obstacles preventing blacks from going to college. In fact they are advantaged when it comes to school. They get special scholarships and lowered standards for admittance. Stop spreading these fucking lies you dumb bitch.

This is America, we all have the opportunity to achieve as much as we are willing to work for, or in some cases stumble onto and get lucky. NOBODY is preventing anyone from anything. Is it harder if you are a poor immigrant or your parents aren't married and you were raised in a single income house? Yes. Deal with it. If you family has been here for 5 generations and you still haven't made something for yourselves look in a God Damn mirror. It took my family one generation and they faced two different biases against them.

Arrrrgggggh! Mad

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20816 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
Well, well, well...my grand dad was jewish...that makes me 1/4 jew....I want some free shit too!

Damned Egyptians

Alas, Mike, it makes you nothing of a Jew. Being Jewish is matriarchal. If your mom was Jewish, so are you. If your dad was Jewish, you ain't.

Oy, as we Jews say.

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
since when do students make decisions?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
since when do students make decisions?

When it's pretend time for the kiddies.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
What I went through has nothing to do with what the precious have to go through today, but I can't help but run my own stuff through the BS x-ray sometimes to see if they have a point.

Short version, I graduated from one of the worst school systems in the U. S. at the time. Got accepted into a big western university, applied for and didn't get a Navy ride and went anyway. I worked at various jobs, whatever I could find, for my full freshman year, started getting Navy money in my sophomore year, but stayed among the worker bees as well. At graduation I had a liberal arts degree, a Marine Corps commission and a ticket to Viet Nam. Returned, completed my service and went to grad school on the GI Bill, which I feel was earned, learned a profession (of sorts, it was finance) and proceeded on with my life.

My point, it wasn't easy, required some sacrifice and more risk, but there is nothing there to cry about. There is no doubt in my mind that had I been handed a free pass I would not have had the same experience that I had.

Nobody gave a rip that the Navy required a math component that my high school had not prepared me for, which certainly was why I didn't get into the program first time out, and that I worked in a laundry to earn the money to pay a tutor. Nobody gave a rip and I didn't see it as a failure of society. I just did what my 18 year old self could figure out to do to get it done.

There is more to my worldview than this little bit but if only this point advised me I wouldn't be too interested in giving everybody who had a tough time a free ride. Maybe a hand up, but start earning what you want in life.

Just an after thought, when I didn't get that very important Navy money, my parents didn't go to the the Chief of Naval Operations and demand that their snowflake be admitted. My dad sympathized and told me to figure it out, which I did. So you'll pardon me I hope if I don't get too excited about the perpetually offended working their omnipresent social balance sheet figuring who owes what to whom.

Posts: 6387 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
maybe giving 'free tuition' isn't a bad thing with the condition that the school gets 25% of their paychecks

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I tried to find this clip when this thread was new, but couldn't because I'd forgotten it was Dinesh D'Souza who'd put the beatdown on a university SJW. I stumbled it across it today. Well worth the watch.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In My day :
http://www.daysatknight.com/vi...dent-body-president/

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4266 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah - a degree from that University will be worth a lot in 4 years.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
Give it to them.

In just one semester you will have a 98% black student body paying nothing to be there. Let the professors who teach this leftist BS get laid off and salaries slashed because there is no tuition income.

As they say, be careful what you wish for

This !!!

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Free tuition options already exist - I got free tuition, and a paycheck on top of it.

Just trickytrot on over and sign up for ROTC (as noted by Flashguy, your actual mileage may vary, but you get some tuition, and a job). Or in my case, USNA.

There is a little added bonus of guaranteed job upon graduation.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: feersum dreadnaught,

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
fd, I took 4 years of AFROTC in college and was only receiving any pay during the last 2 years. It was by no means enough to pay for tuition and books, although it was nice to have it. I went to a state university, too, and the tuition and fees weren't all that high. It is true that I did have a guaranteed job when I graduated, though....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post