SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Senator plans on recommending Gowdy for Supreme Court >>>>>>>
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Senator plans on recommending Gowdy for Supreme Court >>>>>>> Login/Join 
posted
I like Trey Gowdy and think he would make an excellent US Supreme Court Justice. God Bless Smile

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/30...rt-trey-gowdy-cnntv/

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Hmmm...

I think I like Gowdy right where he is.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
Hmmm...

But he's leaving public office this year for good.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
President Trump has already said he's going to pick from the list he had before he was elected. Here's the list, which was published on the White House web site:

— Amy Coney Barrett of Indiana, 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

— Keith Blackwell of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

— Charles Canady of Florida, Supreme Court of Florida

— Steven Colloton of Iowa, 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

— Allison Eid of Colorado, 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

— Britt Grant of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

— Raymond Gruender of Missouri, 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

— Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania, 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

— Brett Kavanaugh of Maryland, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit

— Raymond Kethledge of Michigan, 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

— Joan Larsen of Michigan, 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

— Mike Lee of Utah, United States senator

— Thomas Lee of Utah, Supreme Court of Utah

— Edward Mansfield of Iowa, Supreme Court of Iowa

— Federico Moreno of Florida, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida

— Kevin Newsom of Alabama, 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

— William Pryor of Alabama, 11th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

— Margaret Ryan of Virginia, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces

— David Stras of Minnesota, 8th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

— Diane Sykes of Wisconsin, 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

— Amul Thapar of Kentucky, 6th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

— Timothy Tymkovich of Colorado, 10th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals

— Robert Young of Michigan, Supreme Court of Michigan (Ret.)

— Don Willett of Texas, Supreme Court of Texas

— Patrick Wyrick of Oklahoma, Supreme Court of Oklahoma

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Hmmm...

Exactly

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by VBVAGUY:
I like Trey Gowdy and think he would make an excellent US Supreme Court Justice. God Bless Smile

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/30...rt-trey-gowdy-cnntv/

Fake news from CNN!

I know Sen. Scott likes and admires Gowdy. They are buddies, for sure.

But Trump has no more intention of appointing Gowdy to the Supreme Court than he has jumping naked off the Capitol dome.

Those fools at CNN will fall for anything.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
My $ is on Hardiman or Sykes

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Ain't happening.

I could be wrong, but isn't this the same Gowdy that praises Mueller?

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
He's not going to nominate a politician, ie swamp creature.

No way, no how.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His loyalty is suspect.

Posts: 464 | Location: NC | Registered: March 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hangtime:
His loyalty is suspect.

Loyalty to who? The President? Or the Constitution. The former is irrelevant; the latter is all that matters.

But yeah, Gowdy being nominated is a pipe dream.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
It's going to be Amy Coney Barrett or Britt Grant. I think he will choose Amy Coney Barrett.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by deepocean:
It's going to be Amy Coney Barrett or Britt Grant. I think he will choose Amy Coney Barrett.

Trump could pick Mother Theresa and the Dems would still fight it. After July 9 watch for leaks that "The nominee operated an UNLICENSED LEMONADE STAND in 3rd grade."

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Hmmm...

Exactly

^^^ Yep.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The problem is that being a conservative Supreme Court justice simply isn't as fun as being a leftist one. You have to struggle to faithfully apply the Constitution as written.

If you're a leftist justice, you get to just make shit up.

stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
He'll pick someone with military experience.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
He'll pick someone with military experience.

How's that?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
The problem is that being a conservative Supreme Court justice simply isn't as fun as being a leftist one. You have to struggle to faithfully apply the Constitution as written.

If you're a leftist justice, you get to just make shit up.

Why is it a "struggle" to do the right thing? I submit to you that it is quite the opposite. It's very easy.
On the contrary, it is a struggle to constantly have to make shit up as you go along.

Same thing with truths and lies, in general. With lies, you constantly have to try to remember all the shit that you said so that they don't contradict one another. And, you'll get caught, if you mess up your stories. But, when you tell the truth, it's simply straightforward.

Q

Posts: 26384 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, just no...same with that guy from TX named Cruz

Posts: 634 | Registered: March 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
As mentioned, fake news. Trump has a great list devised by the Federalist Society, to which he has shown a good bit of fidelity.

Trump is a good businessmen. When it is in his wheelhouse he makes the decision. When it is outside he defers to the experts.

He will in this case. I eagerly await the choice.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post