SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Update on Daughter-chan
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Update on Daughter-chan Login/Join 
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted
Well Daughter-chan continues to make me proud of her.

So much so, some days I feel like the proud frog that burst.

Saturday I attended the Virginia Commonwealth University, Department of Fine and Performing Arts Fall Commencement, where daughter-chan graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Technical Theatre, as a University Dean's Scholar.

What is amazing, to me at least, is she did so in three and a half years, not four (or five or six) while working a 29 hour per week job at Targhet, a 20 hour per week work/study program, plus a class load that entailed supporting three productions by TheatreVCU per year (about 10 hours per week on average), al in addition to her class load.

She bested mother's record of five years from high school to Bachelor's degree, and my 12 years from high school to Bachelor's degree (hey, I did get two Associates in that time, Commercial Art/Photography and Emergency Medical Services, so knock it off).

She learned she has a natural talent as a scenic painter (the folks who paint big backdrops for plays), though where she got that talent I haven't a clue.

My daughter-chan, college graduate.

I'm getting old.

But I am so proud of her, I could burst!

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, best wishes and joy to her in the future. You did well.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Congrats, definitely reason to be a proud pop.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15316 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
You have every right to be proud of daughter-chan. Ya done good, dad.

Convey my congratulations to her for a job done in an extremely great fashion!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
Wonderful, and congrats to her fine accomplishments..well done Dad! And she should be proud, no easy task.

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations to your Daughter-Chan,
From another Chan!!!
And Merry Christmas!!!

Posts: 1306 | Location: Nor-cal | Registered: May 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you raised a real good girl. Congrats to you both.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a fine job by all of you, daughter and parents.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15231 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Congrats. You raised her right.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19662 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
You should be proud. Congrats!!!

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prince of Cats
Picture of matthew03
posted Hide Post
Fantastic news, congrats to her with hopes of a bright and happy future.

---------------------------------------
www.AppalachianConcealment.com

Posts: 6555 | Location: S.W. Virginia | Registered: March 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Good for her and good for you.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post