SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DSLR camera? Update on page 1
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DSLR camera? Update on page 1 Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
What are you using and are you happy with it?

I have an old Nikon D80 with a not so good kit lens. Today I upgraded to the Nikon D7200 with the Nikon AF-S 50mm F/1.8G lens. Cheap lens but it gets good reviews. For Christmas I'll spend some money on a good lens.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: techguy,

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Canon 7D Mk II. Happy.

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That's just the
Flomax talking
Picture of GaryBF
posted Hide Post
I use both a Nikon D40 and D60 DSLR. Both are older models and are "out of date" with current standards, however, they work well and meet my needs.

Posts: 11875 | Location: St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: February 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Nikon D5300 and very happy with it.

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy with my Nikon D7200

Posts: 8954 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Canon 5D Mark IV.

Nice upgrade from the hand-me-down 5D Mark I that I inherited. But no shade on the Mark I, I took quite a few good pictures with the old box.

People tend to self-segregate into either Canon or Nikon users. For me, Canon was where I started, so that's where I've stayed.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Nikon D7100. I resisted making the transition from film to digital for a lone time. I've been extremely happy moving from my Nikon N90 to D7100.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Pentax K-1 and K-3

Also have K-5, K-7, and K-20d

I am very happy with them.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
Happy with my Nikon D7200

I recently upgraded from my Nikon D80 to a D7200 and love it!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Nikon D200. Oldie but goodie. If I were buying new today it would be the D500. You might also look at the D7500 if you need onboard flash.

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3762 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I'm still using my Nikon D3200,I'm not a pro so it works for me.

Posts: 13678 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Nikon D7200. Yes.

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my D7200. Their AFP 70-300mm lens is a good one to pair with it.

Posts: 506 | Location: Salt Flats | Registered: April 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pbramlett
posted Hide Post
Nikon d200 and hella good glass! 28-70 2.8, 300f2.8, 35f2

Regards,

P.

Posts: 1287 | Location: Alabama | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Nikon D7100 with their 18-200 VR2 lens. I am very happy with it. I have a D50 that also still works and it is my backup camera.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
I used to have a Nikon. I wasn't happy at all with it's color. I've had a Canon T3i and now have upgraded to the 77D and have been happy with both.

Posts: 11158 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Fuji XT1. Happy with it. I would only jump into a DSLR for a full frame D750 or better.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nikon D810. I'm quite happy with it. I currently have two lenses, a 50mm f/1.8D, and a 70-200 f/2.8 Tamron (A009, the one with vibration compensation). That lens is very sharp.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Nikon D7000.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Nikon D810 and a Df with a collection of mostly fixed lenses.

I am quite happy with them.

Posts: 3853 | Location: Citrus County Florida | Registered: October 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post