SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Williams on Life, Liberty and Levin **Updated**
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Williams on Life, Liberty and Levin **Updated** Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Mark Levin opened his new show on Fox News tonight. His guest for the show was Walter Williams. It’s worth a watch.

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GUjBnYvXqUw

I originally posted a link to the final segment via Fox News. The update is a youtube for the entire 40 minute show, minus commercials.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JALLEN,

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I had missed it, so thanks for posting the link. Mark Levin is far calmer on TV than on his radio show!

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
I hope that was his "first" guest and not "final" guest. Big Grin

The show is long-form interview format. I liked it. They really got into why "liberty" is not the natural state of man and why we must preserve it.

Much better than the nightly shout shows.

ETA: Rumor is Mark Levin is recovering from pneumonia. This kept him more calm than usual.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting this.

Silent

Posts: 1019 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MitchbSC:

Which is why I phrased it “final guest for the show...”

I missed the first part, so have no idea what that was about. Actually, I tuned in part way through Dr. Williams’ segment, so was delighted to find it posted within minutes of the show’s conclusion.

I’m an admirer of Dr. Williams and this is the first time I have seem him on TV. I probably have posted more of his columns than any other writer.

quote:
The show is long-form interview format. I liked it. They really got into why "liberty" is not the natural state of man and why we must preserve it.

Much better than the nightly shout shows.

ETA: Rumor is Mark Levin is recovering from pneumonia. This kept him more calm than usual.

Maybe they should put Levin on sick leave and let Williams handle that hour!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks JALLEN. Well worth the watch.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

Dr. Williams was Levin's only guest. I should have phrased it as such as well.

From what little I've heard about Mark Levin's intent for this show, he wants to do the long-form interview format. I believe this will mean only 1 or 2 guests in the hour. Not the Hannity 15 - 20 guests per night in waves of 2 - 5 who do nothing but yell and cross-talk at each other.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

Dr. Williams was Levin's only guest. I should have phrased it as such as well.

From what little I've heard about Mark Levin's intent for this show, he wants to do the long-form interview format. I believe this will mean only 1 or 2 guests in the hour. Not the Hannity 15 - 20 guests per night in waves of 2 - 5 who do nothing but yell and cross-talk at each other.

What was the first ~45 minutes then? More Williams? Levin lecture?

Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
No monologue or diatribe by Levin. It was all Dr Williams, with Levin posing questions and engaging in some dialog.

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I am just glad it wasn't Juan 'Whine' Williams Big Grin

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
No monologue or diatribe by Levin. It was all Dr Williams, with Levin posing questions and engaging in some dialog.

I’ve now updated the op to a youtube of the entire show, I hope.

Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
I was telling my Cousin that levin is much shriller on the radio.

The discussion was calm and clear.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3458 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Levin's worked hard and long to get to where he is at. Good on him.

I used to hear him as an occasional segment guess on KSFO on the Lee Rodgers morning show during the commute.

I couldn't stand his voice when he got his own radio program. I was more partial to Savage who, I believe, Levin copied his bombastic style. His TV voice sounds more tolerable.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19583 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Levin's guest tonight was Peter Pry, expert on EMP attacks and chair of a congressional commission on EMP. Scary as hell. He is not political; but says Obama people did nothing to protect us against EMP, he gives Trump an "A+" on his awareness and priority given to EMP strategy. Well worth watching if you get a chance.

Posts: 18017 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
EMP is not a danger to the lib/progs, because everyone is hurt equally. No point in squandering money on that when it is needed for programs for community organizers promoting social justice.