SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Global warming. Not.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Global warming. Not. Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I think when one of us goes outside and it's awfully cold, we think to ourselves, "Man - it is damn cold out here!" But, I think libtards feel the cold and become filled with fear thinking, "It's an oncoming ICE AGE!!!!"

Similarly, 6 months from now, we'll go out and think, "Damn! It's a hot one today!" But, those same libtards will think, "OMG! The earth is MELTING! We're all gonna FRY!"

The answer? Give them the amount of attention they deserve - in other words, ignore them.

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10704 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:

Extreme weather, for one. a rise in the average temperature in the worlds oceans.

**There is zero proof of this.

---------
When the Department of Defense is investing in solar power and taking other steps, I'd say that there are "credible threats" out there that are real, which are climate related.

**No this is political and was driven largely by the previous administration, and who they promoted.

--------------

... but for me, energy independence from OPEC and the Saudis is a much more prominent motivator.

**We are doing that under this administration, and creating more American jobs in the process.

---------------

Some sort of balance must be reached, we need to live here, and we should understand that if we aren't a steward of the planet we'll destroy our food production, air quality and other parts needed to not die.

We need to drill for oil, and precious minerals. We need logging, etc.

We need balance, that is what will bring long term sustainability to us, and our environment.

What I don't have time for, is the enviro-nuts.

** I agree with you 100% on this.

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
"In a little over a decade the world could be plunged into a 'mini ice age', scientists have warned.

Temperatures will start dropping in 2021, according to a mathematical model of the Sun's magnetic energy.

This, they say, will lead to a phenomenon known as the 'Maunder minimum' - which has previously been known as a mini ice age when it hit between 1646 and 1715, even causing London's River Thames to freeze over…"

www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetec...ni-ice-age-2030.html

Were that to happen, could you imagine how hilarious Trump would be!?! I dream of the day when the Donald unleashes some of the greatest humor about global warming and leftists.

Oh happy day that would be.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure that "plunged" is the word that should be used, because I think the process would take some time--at least a decade, I'd think. "Plunged", to me, suggests less than a year from hot to cold.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green Mountain Boy
Picture of Jus228
posted Hide Post
This next week is going to be the coldest I've seen it consistently for probably a decade or more. It's going to be single digits to below zero for the forseeable future here.

My chickens are NOT impressed Red Face

!~God Bless the U.S. Military~!

If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off

Light travels faster than sound, this is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak

Posts: 5563 | Location: Vermont | Registered: March 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
This next week is going to be the coldest I've seen it consistently for probably a decade or more.

Wen I first moved to NH in 03, we had a week colder. Look at the record temps and in most cases they are six or seven degrees colder.

Overall, it is getting warmer. The true question is what's causing it. A few weeks ago we were in the 50's here.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5803 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
The predictions made by these delusional morons annoy me, but its their rampant arrogance that really infuriates me beyond words. The thought that mankind, you know, the group that only recently (in a cosmic sense) learned the Earth wasn't flat, could do anything to 'save' the planet, is simply beyond absurd. As Arwelder noted, just be a good steward of the planet, and enjoy what little time we have here. Beyond that, the planet will take care of itself and will be here long beyond the existence of those annoying little humans.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of taco68
posted Hide Post
Yup, global warming here! We just set a cold record yesterday, -36.

Sigs P-220, P-226 9mm, & P-230SL (CCW)

Posts: 2539 | Location: Icebox of the Nation | Registered: January 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
A couple of years ago my lib/commie brother told me that long stretches of windy days indicated GW and made him sad. Warmers can't enjoy an unseasonably warm day in the fall or winter because it alarms them of GW.

Over the holidays a warmer told me there is no winter anymore in Missouri. He returned home to single digits.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
The problem with "global warming" is that it is ill defined, and in a planetary scale of time, "50-60 years" is nothing.

What can we see that is actually true?

Extreme weather, for one. a rise in the average temperature in the worlds oceans. There are other factors that are real.

But what do they actually mean?

Well, I'd like to see truth on the matter, and that truth is hard to find.

Only one thing is true.

The earth is in no danger. It will be fine. Long after we're all dead, the earth will remain.

So, perhaps the problem is poorly framed. We'll never kill the planet, even if we nuke it, on a cosmic scale it will be here unit the Sun dies.

When the Department of Defense is investing in solar power and taking other steps, I'd say that there are "credible threats" out there that are real, which are climate related.

I do like the ideas of many things about saving energy and "being green," but for me, energy independence from OPEC and the Saudis is a much more prominent motivator.

Some sort of balance must be reached, we need to live here, and we should understand that if we aren't a steward of the planet we'll destroy our food production, air quality and other parts needed to not die.

We need to drill for oil, and precious minerals. We need logging, etc.

We need balance, that is what will bring long term sustainability to us, and our environment.

What I don't have time for, is the enviro-nuts.

Well put,

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
.... And the big earthquake is going to destroy California

...and Yellowstone National Park is going to blow into a huge volcano

... And the global killer asteroid will smash the earth

Soon

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I tossed all my carbon credits in the fireplace.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
I bought my first ever snow blower this November.

Fuck it! I'm as ready as I'll ever be.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post