SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The greatest preacher has passed...Billy Graham 99
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The greatest preacher has passed...Billy Graham 99 Login/Join 
Writer by profession,
smartass by the
grace of God.

posted Hide Post
Sleep well, sir.

Hope to see you around.

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Posts: 618 | Location: Beaverton, OR | Registered: April 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room
Picture of Rigby470
posted Hide Post
A great servant of God. I can only imagine he received tremendous applause when he entered heaven.

========================

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Home Firearm Safety Instructor
NRA Range Officer
NRA Life Member

Arkansas Concealed Carry Instructor #13-943

Posts: 1103 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I hope he received a fantastic welcome home.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He was a gift and good example for sure.

Posts: 6883 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I can remember when i was a small kid and due to the weather we couldn't get to church on Sunday.
My parents made us kneel in front of the coffee table and watch his sermon.

God speed. You will be sorely missed...

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6315 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Just another reason to stay away from the sewer that is Twitter, but there are lots of angry leftists and gays just tearing him apart today. Aren't they supposed to be the "tolerant" ones? I just don't get it; the ones that beat us about the head and shoulders about how tolerant and non-hateful they are...ARE the MOST intolerant and hateful people!

I'm glad Graham had a good run, 99 years on this planet is quite a feat but now he gets to spend eternity in his real home with The Lord.

Posts: 33795 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
God bless you and thank you Billy Graham! The difference you have made and what you have accomplished for humanity and for God cannot be measured!

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Anyone, Christian or not, should look to Graham as an example.

A fine man.

Oymain.

A great Man, indeed, loved by his fellows and assuredly by G*d..

tac

Posts: 11320 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tuesday was gone when I told her my name is the breeze.
posted Hide Post
Dr Graham
Thank you for setting the example that Jesus told all of us to do.The great commission of all christians is to spread the glory of god to all the ends of the earth.

Dr. Graham was the shining example of how to live a christian life.

Posts: 1796 | Location:  | Registered: November 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ftttu
posted Hide Post
My GREATEST hope ever is to hear "Well done, good and faithful servant" from my Lord after my death. I have no doubts Billy heard those very words.

Retired Texas Lawman, now active reserve

Posts: 1169 | Location: Texas | Registered: March 03, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
"Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.”

-Billy Graham

2 TIMOTHY 7-8
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was just poting the same verses as Fla_Jim above.

Posts: 1065 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dr Graham will be missed. I attended on of His crusades many years ago and I am better for it.VI

Posts: 646 | Registered: July 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Blessings to the Graham family! Man...I remember seeing his MASSIVE altar calls as the choir was singing "Just As I Am"...really moving!

My his legacy be carried forward by Franklin...God bless!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Anyone, Christian or not, should look to Graham as an example.

A fine man.
^^^This. Everyone needs to stuff the partisanship and other religious nonsense and recognize that Reverend Graham did a great deal of good in this world.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
When I was a kid, our family looked forward to watching his yearly crusades when one of the major networks carried it. Black and white and we could only get three channels. It was a yearly highlight.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post
I'm grateful for the example of a man who truly loved the Lord. Godspeed Reverend Graham, may you rest in Peace.

Posts: 6273 | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I went to one of his meetings in Oakland Coliseum, CA. His sermon was run of the mill. His delivery sounded ordinary to me. But when he gave the invitation for people to come, I saw a whole lot of people moving down and I was in the nose bleed section.

RIP

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19658 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Just another reason to stay away from the sewer that is Twitter, but there are lots of angry leftists and gays just tearing him apart today. Aren't they supposed to be the "tolerant" ones? I just don't get it; the ones that beat us about the head and shoulders about how tolerant and non-hateful they are...ARE the MOST intolerant and hateful people!

Wow, really? Well, I guess I'm not all that surprised. But what could these people possibly have bad to say about such a good man?

Rest in peace, sir.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Advisor and confidant to 11 different Presidents. Incredible.

Posts: 680 | Location: East of the Rockies | Registered: October 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post