SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The greatest preacher has passed...Billy Graham 99
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The greatest preacher has passed...Billy Graham 99 Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted
Billy Graham, age 99 has passed. God bless you sir. You’ve earned your rest with angels...
Condolences to his family. Now our turmoil begins

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
He's gonna get a huge welcome where he's going. Wink

Godspeed Dr. Graham!

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Condolences to his family and friends. A great preacher.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
A great American Icon of the Greatest Generation, and servant of God. He changed millions of lives. RIP.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Truly a great man. A true servant. Transcended many generations. Brought millions to the cross. Bless him. Thanks Billy! May you RIP.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
RIP Billy! Truly blessed by God and a blessing for us.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7057 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
RIP, Sir.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
He walked the walk, and he never let fame change him or his focus on Christ Jesus.

Thank you, Dr. Graham, for your life and your example. You are reunited with the love of your life, Ruth, and you are reunited with our loving Father in Heaven. What a day indeed.

Posts: 8602 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
Just a side note, I can remember being taken (unwilling at the time I’ll admit) to his revivals when I was probably junior high age by my parents. As an adult, I know I was blessed to have heard him. His son is a great guy as well.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6996 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My parents traveled by train from the English Midlands to hear him speak in London at one of his early crusades, early to mid 1950s.

Posts: 913 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
"Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.”

-Billy Graham

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
"Someday you will read or hear that Billy Graham is dead. Don’t you believe a word of it. I shall be more alive than I am now. I will just have changed my address. I will have gone into the presence of God.”

-Billy Graham

Amen

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:

-Billy Graham

I read that in his voice Smile...

Rest in peace...you have earned it.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
A life well lived.

I volunteered as a counselor for the altar call at his 2nd to last crusade. Powerful. It was approx 2004 at the Rose Bowl in Los Angeles.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
"His master replied, 'Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master's happiness!' Matthew 25:23

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Sort of speechless.
He was a great man and missed.

Posts: 22857 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our loss, Heavens gain. It's close to us "going home". Looking for that"City". What a Saint.

GOD/Israel, family, 2nd amendment rights: in that order.
Tennessee -ELOHIM IS MY GOD!

Posts: 807 | Registered: May 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
A consistent message of love and fellowship through the decades. A sea anchor through times of turmoil. Another icon—this time for multiple generations, is gone. The Nation will miss him.

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Anyone, Christian or not, should look to Graham as an example.

A fine man.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post