SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Beer poll. As the seasons change.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Beer poll. As the seasons change. Login/Join 
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted
I realized that my taste in beers changes with the seasons. The pale ales and IPAs give way to a more drinkable beer.

What are your favorite spring and summer beers?

Pensacola Pilsner (local)
1845 Pilsner (local)
Urguell Pilsner (Czech)
30-A Beach Blond (local bottled)
Samuel Adams Boston Lager (domestic)

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
I don't discriminate when it come to beer.

But. I've been enjoying Pilsner Urquell more now that it's available in cans. Yeah, you heard me Big Grin. I hate green bottles and how the imports suffer from them.

As a long time beer snob, I like to give Sam Adams shit as they seem to produce so many beers, I've found most of them lacking.
But, I'll always remember one time getting their Boston Lager in a bar and it was like none I had before. It goes to show just how important shipping and storage is. It also shows why I drink mostly Founders and Bells (I live local to them). But that day, SA Boston Lager hit the spot.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Urquell has changed their bottles to a green brown and have taken great care to ship quickly and cold. I got some in the bottles and they were great. No skunk, and fresh.

TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Still Oktoberfest at the TatorTodd compound

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23253 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
^^
I don't recall seeing them (PU in brown) but I've been getting the 4 pk 16oz cans and they have been great. Before that, I noticed the Budweiser Budvar (Czech) has been in brown bottle and those are great too.

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
PBR. Tastes the same all year long.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm a stout drinker year round, but especially in the winter. For spring I'll add in more pilsners and ales. When warm weather gets here I'll gravitate toward sours.

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

PBR is my favorite mass produce domestic. It’s a cut above the others and if someone handed me one I would be fine with it.

TCB all the time...

Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
I prefer Yuengling bottled in the warmer months, but when it gets colder I gravitate toward Yuengling. In the longnecks, if you please.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aparoche
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by radioman:

Bad? Razz

Posts: 524 | Registered: November 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sourdough44
posted Hide Post
I think I’ve cut back a bit lately, not stopped though.

I run the gamut from a cold PBR to one of the many IPA types. I can handle most anything. ‘Da Yoopers’ have a song about their favorite beer, that’s the free one.

Posts: 6159 | Location: WI | Registered: February 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Coors Light in the 16oz screw cap can is my every day beer. It’s light and refreshing. That being said, I really enjoy a good IPA or Belgian style beer and really enjoyed the Sam Adams Winter Lager this year.

I just wish New Belguium would distribute some 1554 Black Lager to NE Ohio. If not, i’ll Need to get a speedy car (speedier than that) and go Westbound.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5751 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Character, above all else
Picture of Tailhook 84
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Still Oktoberfest at the TatorTodd compound

Same here. Paulaner specifically, and year 'round.

I challenge the OP's premise that Pale Ale and IPA beers are less "drinkable" as the seasons change. The research required to prove or disprove this will be enjoyable regardless of the outcome.

Prost!

"The Truth, when first uttered, is always considered heresy."

Posts: 2541 | Location: West of Fort Worth | Registered: March 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Kölsch and pilsner.

Posts: 9962 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
I drink what I want year round,
never let a season dictate,

IPA's are delicious, but since they are a palate wrecker , you kinda have to stay with them once you start for the day,

as far as spring, looking forward to picking up a few Bells Oberon for those warm days and I may want a lighter (kinda) Beer

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10420 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I loves me some "Oberon" by Bells Brewery here in Michigan.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Fall and Winter call for Octoberfest beers. But Spring and Summer are wheat beer weather.

My favorite wheat beers are German Hefeweizens and Belgian Wits, such as Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier, Ayinger Brau Weisse, and Blanche de Bruxelles Wit. Sierra Nevada's Kellerweis is a good domestic Hefeweizen.

A nice light-bodied German Helles Lager is also a good choice for warmer weather. Weihenstephaner, Hofbräu, Spaten, and Paulaner all have good Helles Lagers. Sam Adams' spring seasonal "Fresh as Helles" is a good domestic version.

Posts: 32506 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Weihenstephaner Hefeweissbier. This is a true premium beer!

Posts: 735 | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I much prefer lagers to ales. My year round choice is Stiegl Gold, known as Stiegl Goldbräu in Austria. I buy it in 0.5 l (16.9 oz) cans. About the right size for a beer, IMO. I’ll be picking up another case of 24 cans today from Chris’s Deli, adjacent to Kaiserhof, my favorite San Diego restaurant, where I lunch every Sunday, before going to Discount Gun Mart, my pistol range.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8949 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Devil's Backbone Vienna Lager, year-round.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post