SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Two prominent CA bureaucrats on my flight - to heckle or not to heckle?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two prominent CA bureaucrats on my flight - to heckle or not to heckle? Login/Join 
posted
UC President Janet Napolitano and CA Insurance Commissioner (and running for Attorney General) Dave Jones are in close proximity to me on my flight.

Should I give them a rash of crap of how their progressive policies are (and have) made CA a cesspool? My brother suggests berating them in Spanish - you know, as a precursor of things to come in nuestro estado.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
Do it in a "gentle" way so they don't land early and kick you off into a prison

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
any way you can open the dor in flight and invite them out for a walk?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't be my style, and you'd come off as an ass to people around who didn't know or care who they are.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Did you eat Taco Bell or spicy food before boarding?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
If you're on United, maybe you can get one of the flight attendants to beat them up.

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
It is your DUTY to make this the most uncomfortable flight of their lives. After all.....they are public servants.
If you on UA please ask them if they'd mind riding on the overhead compartment.

Posts: 10827 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Demand they be removed because you don't feel safe with them on the flight.

Posts: 908 | Location: TX | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Silent,but deadly crop dusting. Foul,odoriferous bowel gas.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Wouldn't be my style, and you'd come off as an ass to people around who didn't know or care who they are.

100% every single word.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
UC President Janet Napolitano

Man, she gets around. I actually saw (from a distance of ~20 feet, didn't meet with) her once in the Scottsdale Fashion Square circa 2008. Back then she was still governor of AZ. I ignored her then, just as, if I were on that flight, I would ignore her and whatshisface now.

Posts: 27835 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:

100% every single word.

Guys, I was kidding. I'm a perfect gentleman, even among my enemies. Davey J was too preoccupied with his Facebook post ("Join me at the anti-Trump rally in Beverly Hills!") and the number of social media clicks. I did think of accidentally tripping Janet as she exited....but I didn't!

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Act you don't know who she is and comment about how poorly the UC system is run

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Shop. Adopt.
Picture of hapevo
posted Hide Post
The wife and I were flying Southwest out of Burbank heading to Sacramento last year and Kevin (De)Leon, President Pro Temp, was on our flight. I so wanted to sit behind him on the plane and talk guns with my wife....

"Saving one dog will not change the world, but surely for that one dog, the world will change forever." - Karen Davison

"Man can measure the values of his own soul in the look of the eyes of an animal he's helped" - Author Unkown

Posts: 1520 | Location: NorCal | Registered: April 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
For those that know Seattle politics.

I once sat next to Norm Rice on a flight from Chicago to Seattle.

Not sure who the others were in first class, but they were all sucking up to him when I boarded.

I started the conversation along the lines of "I really like to see who or what issues Ron Sims is endorsing."
Norm smiled a bit.

I followed with "It makes it easy for deciding how to vote, feel pretty confident with my vote, voting the opposite."

Great fun was had by all.

On a side note.
Again flying from Chicago to Seattle, sat next to Richard Karn.
Yes, he was wearing plaid, and to round out the image he was reading When Snow Falls on Cedar.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Did you eat Taco Bell or spicy food before boarding?

Pickled herring
Kimchi
apples
Coca Cola

Done in one.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
The perfect gift for a democrat. Hell I'd do it if it was someone really super special like fancy Nancy or plucky Chucky.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8637 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
If you're on United, maybe you can get one of the flight attendants to beat them up.

Will either of them fit in an overhead compartment?

Posts: 4493 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I'd have a hard time not walking up to Napolitano and saying "Hey Butch".

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
quote:
Originally posted by 4x5:
Will either of them fit in an overhead compartment?
You have to fold them just right.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post