SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thug pulled gun and fired on cops after traffic stop. Guess what? Thug dead.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thug pulled gun and fired on cops after traffic stop. Guess what? Thug dead. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
http://start.att.net/news/read...g_killed_by-rfoxnews

Teenager Shot At Officers Before Getting Killed By Police, Dashcam Shows

An Arkansas 17-year-old who was a passenger in a car stopped for speeding early Sunday is seen pulling a gun and firing at officers before he was killed by police, a newly released dashcam video shows.

North Little Rock police released the 5-minute video on Wednesday that showed when officers pulled over the vehicle for speeding and a headlight violation. Charles Smith was a rear-seat passenger.

In the video, an unidentified patrolman tells the driver to step out of the car, asking, “You ain’t got anything crazy on you, do you?” and “Why were you driving so dang-gummed fast, man?”

While searching Smith, the officer asked about weapons, marijuana and his Nike Air Force 1 shoes. “Do you do you like them?” the officer asked during a pat-down.

After twice telling Smith not to reach for something, the two are suddenly seen wrestling to the ground.

“I can’t go to jail,” the 17-year-old is heard crying out.

“Get your (expletive) hand out,” one officer told Smith, whose hands were out of the camera’s view. The officer then yelled, “It’s a (expletive) gun.”

The video then shows Smith pointing a handgun at officers, cocking it while his right hand is pinned against the curb, firing it and then cocking it again.

The police officers opened fire in response, killing the teenager.

Police Chief Mike Davis said the video was released to dispel “misinformation” that Smith was unarmed during the confrontation.

“Since the incident, a great deal of erroneous information has appeared on social media outlets. … I want to make sure we clear that up today,” he told reporters.

Davis said the officers involved did not have body cameras. He said the names of the officers involved could be released after a plan is in place to protect them, since the agency has received threats.

"Misinformation gets out that says ... the subject wasn't armed, the subject didn't shoot," Davis said. "He was armed and we, in fact, had to take action because of that. I want people to see what happened."

A lawyer for Smith's family, Willard Proctor Jr., said police showed the video to the teenager's relatives earlier Wednesday.

"We're not at a point where we can make any conclusions," Proctor said. He said that once a complete set of video footage is released, there could be an opportunity to look into "what, if anything, could have been done differently."

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can't go to jail!

Well, he can't go to jail, now.

Liveleak video here: https://www.liveleak.com/view?i=621_1515609055

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Well, my conclusion is that the guy tried to kill some cops and is dead Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
"We're not at a point where we can make any conclusions,"

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4330 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good shot, dead thug, deserved it. He aggressively wanted to die.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13386 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hoping for better pharmaceuticals
Picture of AZSigs
posted Hide Post
Be a thug, die a thug.

Getting shot is no achievement. Hitting your enemy is. NRA Endowment Member . NRA instructor

Posts: 8752 | Location: Peoria, Arizona | Registered: April 02, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Curb appeal exhausted.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Well, my conclusion is that the guy tried to kill some cops and is dead Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
"We're not at a point where we can make any conclusions,"

I'm astounded by the stupidity of legal counsel who continues to represent the perp's family. Video is quite conclusive. There will be no million dollar verdict for the perp's family. The kid got himself killed for shooting at (poorly I might add) cop.

P229

Posts: 3809 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Dead thugs mother been on local TV screaming for "just us" and "we demand an investigation". Even after the NLRPD released the dashcam video, momma gotta holler for "just us for CJ". (CJ WAS the thugs name)

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Why'd they have to kill my baby - he wouldn't hurt no one . . .

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As I understand it the family has hired an out of state social justice attorney who has experience in matters like this.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the mom is still hoping for the legal payout/thug parent jackpot. In her mind, "there's gotta be a way".

-c1steve

Posts: 4041 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
That video leaves absolutely zero doubt that the cop should have shot that little asshole. I hope the officer recovers from having to use his weapon in the line of duty and can return to work soon.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Didntdunuffin got him self kilt.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Perhaps the mom and her lawyer(s) are hoping for a jury that believes the shootee should not have been shot in the back. (Anyone here agree?)

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47366 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes http://www.thv11.com/news/loca...d-shooting/507037733

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He pulled a gun on a cop.
He got killed.
Justice was served.

Posts: 7011 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Little bastard. You wanted to be gangsta and all big by carrying a piece...well now you're dead. Thug piece of crap. Even when the police treat these thugs with respect by speaking to them like equals, they still can't help themselves, can they?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
They demand an investigation.

Sure. Roll the tape.

They "seek answers".

Sure. Roll the tape.

Next?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigfreund:
Perhaps the mom and her lawyer(s) are hoping for a jury that believes the shootee should not have been shot in the back. (Anyone here agree?)

Nope.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
If I had the money, I would buy every street cop in the country a body cam. Then, all they would have to say to all these hug-a-thug lawyers and "social justice warriors" is "we have it on video". To be scrupulously honest, if the cop screws up, that's on video, too.

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post