SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    why do airlines allow infants to travel free?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

why do airlines allow infants to travel free? Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChuckFinley:
In spite of FAA rules, airline rules, flight attendants make up stuff all the time.
^^ THIS ^^

As someone who has been a high-tier frequent flyer for years this has been my experience as well. For example, I have a CPAP that I use within both FAA and airline regs on red eye flights, and I travel with a copy of the manufacturer's FAA cert for my cpap. I've had flight attendants wake me up, and be talking out their ass about cpaps (e.g. one claiming it was a danger to the plane since it was an oxygen concentrater).

Some of the flight attendant tell-all magazine articles are interesting too. Intentionally giving a customer decaf when they ask for regular coffee in hopes they'll fall asleep and not need anything (i.e. being a total douche and ignoring that the customer may be drinking caffeine to get work done before landing or needing to stay up so they get their bodies on the local time zone). They sweet talk the pilots into leaving the the seat belt sign on later so they can get back to the galley to read and gossip faster.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post