SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wacko SJW teacher wore a sweatshirt that read, "Columbus was a murderer."
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wacko SJW teacher wore a sweatshirt that read, "Columbus was a murderer." Login/Join 
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
[Happy Indigenous People's Day]

You know how Cortés was able to defeat the Aztecs so easily? Yes, the Spaniards had horses, firearms and armor-plated breasts, but something seldom mentioned is that they also had a good deal of help from the surrounding tribes, who were understandably miffed about
being constantly raided for sacrifices.

Correct. Cortes was first welcomed and allowed entry into the city. The Spanish were horrified at the skull racks and human sacrifice. When they angered the Aztecs the Spanish made a fighting retreat along one of the causeways and by boats. Known by the Spanish as La Noche Triste, or “the Night of Sadness” this was a major defeat.

It wasn’t until months later, after a smallpox epidemic, that Spanish and their allies were able to capture the city.

https://www.history.com/this-d...t-from-aztec-capital
https://www.pastmedicalhistory...-conquest-of-mexico/

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Whack-Job
Whisperer
Picture of 18DAI
posted Hide Post
I prefer Columbus version of diversity to the present one. "Educators" nation wide would benefit from a "visit" by Tony Soprano. Wink Regards 18DAI

7+1 Rounds of hope and change

Posts: 4231 | Registered: August 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
As for so called native Americans, the Bering land bridge theory states that's how the Americas were populated.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3447 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife's family on her Father's side are of Mexican heritage . They refer to Columbus as a " white European invader " . I always gave him hell every Columbus day .

Posts: 4054 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
Whenever I was young, teachers were required to dress professionally. This was because they were role models of the adult world for the students. I guess this now shows that there is no "adult" world anymore.
I remember whenever T-shirts were underwear. They were popularized as outerwear by the likes of James Dean and Marlon Brando. Later the T-shirts were sold in colors, then came printed logos, and all sorts of things. Then people started wearing them to work, to the doctor's office, shopping,.......everywhere.
So, now teachers wear them at school.
It is disgraceful

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post