SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Wacko SJW teacher wore a sweatshirt that read, "Columbus was a murderer."
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wacko SJW teacher wore a sweatshirt that read, "Columbus was a murderer." Login/Join 
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Columbus Day has long been the subject of intense discussion. For Native Americans, in particular, the holiday is a reminder of the 500 years of colonial oppression their community has experienced since European explorers and immigrants first settled here, according to NPR.

History must be understood in the context of the times. It does no one living today any good to judge people who lived in the past by today's social and moral standards.

^^^Very true. However, this is also how Democrats justify holding ex-KKK member Robert Byrd in such high regard.

Posts: 4498 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
The insanity of the current era. A teacher can wear this retarded shirt into a public school, yet a student attempting to wear an American flag t-shirt would likely be asked to remove it or turn it inside out.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
The indigenous people who were here already were doing a pretty efficient job of slaughtering each other long before Columbus et al came upon the scene.

And anyone who told me it was "Indigenous Peoples Day" got told, see, that's what happens when you allow uncontrolled immigration and don't defend your borders.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Wasn't Columbus an illegal alien? The democrats should love him.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
It should be noted that the Indigenous Peoples of that time were not noted for their loving kindness to their enemies. As always, the winners get to write the History books.
YooperSigs, so sad to hear that my old school has become so hard left like the rest of higher education. When I attended NMU in the late 60s and early 70s, there was only one professor that was very "progressive". He was a real nut case and was hated by the rest of the profs and staff.
Rod

edit: I see that while I was typing this reply, it was noted that the indigenous peoples were not loving and kind to their enemies. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: sig sailor,

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1679 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Wasn't Columbus an illegal alien? The democrats should love him.

Illegal whitey aliens need not apply, unfortunately.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I understand that sweatshirt only comes in 3x.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:

/sarc on
Yeah, make war on neighbors, make them slaves, sacrifice them.....Drat that Columbus for sparking any interference with that!!!
/sarc off

Speaking of which, where's the discussion on Aztec-on-Tlaxcala slavery? Or is that like all the other slavery which, since it is contra-narrative, is not to be discussed till the politically correct have finished speaking?

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Any slave that is/was controlled or owned by non-whites is a non-issue. Africa is RIFE with slavery to this day, yet nary a peep.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The early African slave trade plied by Europeans didn't involve rounding up or enslaving: it was all indigenous enslavement on the African continent, with slaves brought to ports and sold to Europeans, and slavery in Africa (and many other parts of the world) very much goes on to this day.

Then again, there's still an active slave trade within the domestic lower 48 (sex slavery, indentured, etc), as well as globally, which doesn't garner a lot of press. There's an active white slavery market, too, which surprisingly seems to fly under the radar.

As for Columbus: yes, brought death and destruction and did take slaves. Colombus wasn't sent on a benevolent mission as an ambassador to the world; he went explore and seek wealth, which was largely taken from others at that time (and today). Subsequent expeditions by others did the same and that bloody conquest continued long after Columbus.

The wars that took place in the Americas long before Columbus arrived, and after, too, were bloodthirsty, dirty, and destructive, destroying entire cultures and civilizations. Columbus didn't arrive in a peaceful land and leave it untouched, but he also didn't introduce violence where there was none. Columbus and his party were killers, like every other explorer seeking riches, and the simple fact is that by placing themselves in a position to explore, they placed themselves in a world where peace was not. It was a rough world all around, in Europe, on the high seas, and in the Americas. Kill or be killed.

The injection of organized religion into the Americas brought with it more enslavement, destruction, and bloodshed than Pizarro or Columbus wrought.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kills me about idiots who complain about Columbus,being "European and White", forget who financed his trip and who went with him. The King and Queen of Spain, were the ones who gave him the go ahead and financed his trip. Spaniards, also sailed with him and were his sailors/army. So if they hate Columbus, they also hate Spanish people as they were the ones that were in charge of everything.

Posts: 6872 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Since her Howland surname is Anglo-Saxon in origin....and using her logic....If Columbus is a murderer, doesn’t that make her an accomplice? Smile

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3963 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
If it wasn’t Columbus, it would have been someone else. Europe was in the Age of Discovery. Eventually someone would land in the Americas.
When it happened, there was a culture clash between an Iron Age civilization and a Stone Age one. Iron knives, copper kettles, axes all were highly sought after. There was no way the Stone Age culture would survive.
Disease was another factor. It would be 360 years before the germ theory of disease would explain the epidemics that swept the Americas following contact. Put simply the population of the Americas had little resistance to European diseases. No matter the intent or the precautions disease would devastate the population. The 90% population drop wasn’t warfare but illness.
Chris was a product of his time. He was no better and no worse then others. Revisionists use today’s morals and views to judge people of over 500 years ago.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
If it wasn’t Columbus, it would have been someone else.

Does the same excuse hold water anywhere else?

If I didn't kill him, someone else would have?

Valid defense? No.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:
Originally posted by Icabod:
If it wasn’t Columbus, it would have been someone else.
Does the same excuse hold water anywhere else?

If I didn't kill him, someone else would have?

Valid defense? No.
What, are you kidding? Can you not understand the indisputable logic of his statement? Do you think that if Columbus had never been born, that Europeans- and Asians, too- would be saying in 2019 "Y'know, someday, we gotta go take a look and see what's out there"?

What Icabod said is undeniably correct. If it hadn't been Columbus, it would have been another explorer, and it would have been 1498 or 1502 or something like that, when they showed up, not 1998 or 2002.

And you're referring to his statement as an "excuse"? What's wrong with you, man?

"If I didn't kill him, someone else would have?

Valid defense? No."

Man, what are you babbling about? A murder is not an inevitability, but humans eventually reaching all parts of this planet most certainly was an inevitability.

This is the stupidest thing I've read in some time. What is your problem?

Posts: 107502 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Columbus was one lucky SOB,, every navigator and such back then knew for a fact the earth was approximately 24,000 miles in circumference and Columbus figured it was only 12,000 and that is how he convinced those silly Royals to give him three boats.. they were probably just trying to get rid of him.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by medic451:
[Happy Indigenous People's Day]

You know how Cortés was able to defeat the Aztecs so easily? Yes, the Spaniards had horses, firearms and armor-plated breasts, but something seldom mentioned is that they also had a good deal of help from the surrounding tribes, who were understandably miffed about being constantly raided for sacrifices.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
quote:
Originally posted by Sigfan Roy:
the original immigrant? The Left should love him.
especially since he did it all with somebody else's money.

Yeah, but back in his day, no Go Fund Me at the click of a keyboard. He had to work for his sponsorships. Or, sponsored ships, as it were.

Posts: 15886 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Teachers..... a profession I have lost a lot of respect for. Not all but most are liberal idiots.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post