SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Travel insurance
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Travel insurance Login/Join 
Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
I'm a fan. I've had two occasions to have to cancel trips (one weather -- hurricane w/flooding, the other Covid-related). In both cases I received the refunds with little hassle.

Posts: 655 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tartan427:
I'm a fan. I've had two occasions to have to cancel trips (one weather -- hurricane w/flooding, the other Covid-related). In both cases I received the refunds with little hassle.

Which insurance carrier did you use?

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Was just going through some info from one of my CC companies and found something I'd forgotten.

They cover most of what Travel insurance covers if you buy your tickets using their cards and it's an absolutely free benefit. In looking back 25 years or so that's why I never bought travel insurance, because I had free insurance. It may not pay quite as much but it pays quite a lot and covers just about everything.

Check your credit card benefits and see if your cards cover travel.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of tartan427
posted Hide Post
I will have to ask my wife. She is in charge of all of the trip details.

Posts: 655 | Location: Pittsburgh, Pa | Registered: January 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post