SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    OK Georgia 6th, who is it going to be
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

OK Georgia 6th, who is it going to be Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rocket72:
I caught LOssoff's rejection speech last night and he had the Obama speech cadence thing going. SO and I looked at each other like whuut. They went to one of the liberal commentators and even he made a comment like where'd that come from. I think Trump needs to practice real real hard and troll these fools using the same exact cadence and watch what happens.

A snippet of that just ran on Fox, and Ossof even sticks his chin up and out like Obama, and Mussolini.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He'll fade very, very quickly. Two months from now, you'll have trouble remembering his name.

Posts: 107588 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
He'll fade very, very quickly. Two months from now, you'll have trouble remembering his name.

Agreed. Where is Cindy Sheehan today? Used by the Democrats years ago against King George II and once that didn't work, she was then ignored by the party and has disappeared.

Posts: 4077 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
If you aren't a victim, what good are ya?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
I still wonder how Ossoff got 53.3% of the early votes, yet only 41.8% of election day votes. Anyone read anything where this was explained?

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RB211
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by italia:
I still wonder how Ossoff got 53.3% of the early votes, yet only 41.8% of election day votes. Anyone read anything where this was explained?

I think I read that GOP voters are more apt to vote on election day (I did) as opposed to all of the ASSoff voters who did the early voting. I laughed when voters from other districts (some for the 2nd time) tried to vote and got turned away..

I would really love to run into the ASSoff dickweasel that kept putting stickers on my door and hand him a Handel flyer...

Posts: 2039 | Location: Atlanta, GA | Registered: February 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Saw this on twitter Big Grin

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Or so Ossoff hopes and prays. How's he gonna run for Congress in Michigan if anyone remembers what happened in Georgia?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
para, Democrats have been referring to the Georgia 6th as "ruby red." I understand Republicans have held the seat since the late 70s, but I wonder if the district is "ruby red" with respect to voter registration. I've been looking and find all kinds of things about the Special Election, but I can't find registration numbers. Do you know how the District stacks up?

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
WOW. When Michael Bloomberg is admitting that the Democrats are in deep shit, you know they are in some serious deep shit! Eek

From Zero Hedge:

quote:

Last night, in CNN and Anderson Cooper's effort to desperately avoid discussing the Democratic debacle unfolding in Georgia, Cooper decided to pivot his discussion with former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg to focus on the 2020 election cycle. We can only imagine the thought process: 'ignore Georgia, surely there must be some silver lining for Democrats if we just look far enough out on the horizon, right Mike?'

Unfortunately, Bloomberg didn't offer up the reassurances that Cooper, and his employer, were so desperately seeking. Instead, he pegged Trump's re-election odds at 55% and predicted the entire Democratic party would be in complete disarray by the time the next election cycle rolls around.

Cooper: "I think recently you gave the chance that Trump would be re-elected of 55%."

Bloomberg: "Yeah, sure. The incumbent always has an advantage."

“And the Democratic Party is going to be torn apart by the left and the centralists."

Mayor Bloomberg: Democrats Will Lose In 2020 Because "Party Is Going To Be Torn Apart"

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Caption this....

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
...know when to fold 'em....

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Ossoff in an interview:

"there’s no question that money in politics is a major problem, which is one of the reasons that we need campaign finance reform so that candidates and campaigns will spend more time talking to voters and discussing the issues and less time raising money."

http://hotair.com/archives/201...aign-finance-reform/

Posts: 19574 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
tweet from former senior Obama adviser Dan Pfeiffer:

To take back the House, we need lean GOP voters who disapprove of Trump to vote for a Dem. This is hard, but very doable over 18 months

Reply from another DEM:

what if we proposed things our voters like? that seems easier and more honest.

Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
Laughing my Ossoff.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigboreshooter:
Do Democrat tears contribute to rising sea levels?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
in Nov 2016 election ,Tom Price (R) was running for this seat. He won easily.

In that Nov 2016 election the DEM candidate, Rodney Stooksbury, spent 0 (as in zero) dollars

Stooksbury got 124,917 votes

Ossoff spent 23 million plus and got 124,893 votes

(24 less than Stooksbury)

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-spent-zero-n2345099

yes, November was a general election, but still

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^^

Hahahaha, that made me laugh out loud.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
in Nov 2016 election ,Tom Price (R) was running for this seat. He won easily.

In that Nov 2016 election the DEM candidate, Rodney Stooksbury, spent 0 (as in zero) dollars

Stooksbury got 124,917 votes

Ossoff spent 23 million plus and got 124,893 votes

(24 less than Stooksbury)

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...-spent-zero-n2345099

yes, November was a general election, but still

that's awesome. It would be interesting to see if it was the same 124,893 people.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Well, see, that's why Nancy Pelosi can be so proud that they did as well as they did - 2016 was a general election! And $23 million, well, being politically competetive has gotten so expensive as time goes on, you know, and November 2016 was so long ago....Razz

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post