SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man in hospital 5 weeks, loses so much weight his pup doesn't recognize him - until he smells him - video should make your day
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man in hospital 5 weeks, loses so much weight his pup doesn't recognize him - until he smells him - video should make your day Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5aIsNqEuqM

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Made me smile. Smile

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29684 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
May 14, 2013, I missed a step getting out of the cargo area of our delivery truck. Crashed down onto the pavement, amber lamps took me to hospital where they installed support rods in my hip / thigh.

I was in hospital and residential rehab center for a month and a half. SWMBO brought me home on June 30.

Pippi, the watch-Corgi got very protective of her house when this apparition on a walker entered. She barked and growled. I did not say anything to her until I eased myself into a chair. She was still fiercing me, until I spoke to her by name. She recognized the voice and then refused to leave my side.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
May 14, 2013, I missed a step getting out of the cargo area of our delivery truck. Crashed down onto the pavement, amber lamps took me to hospital where they installed support rods in my hip / thigh.

I was in hospital and residential rehab center for a month and a half. SWMBO brought me home on June 30.

Pippi, the watch-Corgi got very protective of her house when this apparition on a walker entered. She barked and growled. I did not say anything to her until I eased myself into a chair. She was still fiercing me, until I spoke to her by name. She recognized the voice and then refused to leave my side.

I love dogs Smile

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Nice!

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I laughed out loud

Posts: 13239 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I had seen that. I think it's bouncing around Facebook.

I'd think the dog would recognize his voice long before it smelled him.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My person is back, my person is back!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 1040 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Smile

quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I'd think the dog would recognize his voice long before it smelled him.

Scent is the most important of a dog's senses. People say "seeing is believing." For a dog, it's "smelling is believing." Also, some behaviorists think dogs key more on the silhouette of a person's body and head rather than the details that fill in that silhouette when it comes to recognition, so if the man lost a lot of weight, it might be tough for the dog to recognize him visually. His voice might have changed some, too, due to his weakened state. But the nose knows.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of katndog
posted Hide Post
Nice video.

Nothing triggers a dog's memory like smell Smile

Posts: 2629 | Location: CT | Registered: October 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old, Slow,
but Lucky!
Picture of dsmack
posted Hide Post
Damn... That was heart-warming!

Then there's that "fuzzy monitor" thing again. Wink

Posts: 3418 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
I laughed out loud
Me too. And an ear to ear smile as well. Thanks for posting.

Posts: 7251 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
made my day

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
Definitely made me smile. Thanks for posting it.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 10-7 leo
posted Hide Post
A dog I owned had a litter of pups, and I sold a pup to another officer.

Several months later, I stopped by to talk with the officer. The dog didn't bark and when he was finally let out, he was ecstatic to see me.

The officer said it was really weird because the dog always barked when anyone even came close to the yard, except for his family.

It was obvious, the dog still remembered me.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
If you beat your swords into plowshares, you will become farmers for those who didn't!
Political Correctness is fascism pretending to be Manners-George Carlin

Posts: 2038 | Location: Central FL | Registered: September 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
That was good to see. Thanks Bama.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now that was one HAPPY puppy!!!! A pretty happy owner also. Thanx for the video....I enjoyed it.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
Gotta love our dogs, that was way cool, I sent it all my dog friends... it seems they never forget. We fostered a number of rescued poodles, some from really bad homes. When we would see them a year or more later at a dog event, they would go crazy when they saw my wife and myself. Even after only a week or so at our home they still greeted us with pure joy.

Posts: 3850 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
It brought a tear to my eye. I sent a link to all of the dog lovers in my address book. Thanks for sharing... Smile

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
Nice.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post