SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    R.I.P. Russ Solomon. You certainly DID get a lot of my money in your heyday
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

R.I.P. Russ Solomon. You certainly DID get a lot of my money in your heyday Login/Join 
addicted to trailing-throttle oversteer
posted
Tower Records was THE place to buy music around the time I got my driver's license way back when. And the late Mr. Solomon managed to pick my pocket more than a few times back in the day. Great selection, great prices (at least early on, in the days before CDs), helpful and informative employees...the only negative was their way too puny parking lot. I do miss that. Streaming my music these days, it's not the same as putting needle to vinyl.

Only trouble is that I've kind of forgotten how to properly set up a tonearm. And for the life of me, I haven't a clue as to where my stylus scale has disappeared to...

Posts: 8983 | Location: Drippin' wet | Registered: April 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
Those were the days back in the mid 60's when I would buy several vinyls a week.

Here is an interview with Mr Solomon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDpk74TX6fU

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post