SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Not Para’s comet, but still 21 tons and the height of a ten story building coming down in the next two weeks.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not Para’s comet, but still 21 tons and the height of a ten story building coming down in the next two weeks. Login/Join 
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
... run for the hills!!! Smile

I'm thinking - Australia; holds the record in the category of “who can be hit by the biggest piece of space junk”.

Skylab disintegrated over Western Australia.

Yes and I think it killed a cow?

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2571 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Bump for 10 to 60 minute warning.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
So where is this thing coming down?

All I am picturing is “the only thing that pulls its weight around here is my God damn truck.....BOOM......figures”

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Perth, Australia could be in sight.
But it’s sounding like it most likely is down in the Indian Ocean.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reported is it re-entered the atmosphere above Saudi Arabia with a trajectory into the Indian Ocean, impact area (or, what ever survives reentry) West of the Maldives.

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Splashdown, Indian Ocean termination point.

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Soooo no Armageddon??? The dinosaurs will all be fine right?? Smile

I have to say on a serious note I enjoyed tracking this one because it was the first time I REALLY put into perspective what 18-20 thousand MPH was like. Seeing that piece of trash whip around the planet in like 90 minutes was really eye opening. I mean I always new how fast things orbit but it’s a little like imagining a hundred million dollars in cash, I have no concept. So seeing that thing go half way across the globe in a half hour or so was really kinda interesting to watch.

Also really puts a fine point on just how smart “rocket surgeons” Smile have to be. Having to factor in mind boggling speeds, combined with varied amounts of drag, combined with unstable attitudes/tumble, combined with mass changing/shedding and so on and so on and so on. Really makes it amazing that in most cases these things are calculated/controlled re-entry. I mean your off by a minuscule amount and you are talking thousands of miles of deviation. Amazing.

Chris

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Saw this streaming across Alabama skies last night. Very cool.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12415 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
If it would have hung in the air another 45 minutes Orlando could have been in the bullseye.
Considering the Chinese had this same mistake a year ago, one must wonder if they even care.

Just a matter of timing and luck.
If they keep playing this game the odds are that there will be devastation before they get their space station built.

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

posted Hide Post
So it is my understanding from a video I watched that the Chinese were careless in that they did not add maneuvering rockets to this item. Seems to me they are just being careless on purpose. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
its not that they were careless

they just don't care

Posts: 53177 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indifferent and dismissive to any concerns that might complicate or, impede their goals. The entire history of the CCP and the ethics they've pushed is the need to break a few eggs to make an omelet proverb.

blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
its not that they were careless

they just don't care

Nailed it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I also think the Chinese don't care. They knew all of this in advance. It is inherent in how they use this rocket.

But I am also sick of hearing about it. The news cried wolf (or "mean dog" since it might have hit a person), for days, and are still going on about it, even though all it did was churn up the Indian Ocean.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
hey've pushed is the need to break a few eggs to make an omelet proverb.

In the good old days, they used 100-year eggs. Those were special omelettes.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post