SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Not Para’s comet, but still 21 tons and the height of a ten story building coming down in the next two weeks.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not Para’s comet, but still 21 tons and the height of a ten story building coming down in the next two weeks. Login/Join 
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted
Where will it land?
They have it pretty well pinned down.
Not Alaska, Canada, nor Antartica.

The largest object to strike Earth in our lifetimes — is coming in the next 2 weeks…

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Captain Morgan
posted Hide Post
Hope it hits Trenton, NJ.

Should make for a nice show if it comes in at night.

Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows.
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 3861 | Location: Sparta, NJ USA | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Im just here for the thread title. Big Grin

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live for today.
Tomorrow will
cost more
Picture of motor59
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Morgan:
Hope it hits Trenton, NJ.

That's a bit harsh. Lotta historic structures in Trenton. But I know what you're getting at.

If it has to hit NJ, I'd ask that it be on the stretch of 206 just north of 295. Relatively undeveloped, and right on the route that Gov. McHorseFace takes home to Drumthwacket.

Of course, timing is everything.... Wink

suaviter in modo, fortiter in re

Posts: 3141 | Location: Exit 7 NJ | Registered: March 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
This thing will not impact the earth in its entirety. Most of it will burn up in the atmosphere. It's not a solid piece of iron.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11269 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
California?

Going once.... Going twice....

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
California?

Going once.... Going twice....

Bonus Points if it hits the San Andreas Fault triggering Lex Luther's plan!

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11762 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Isn't it true that this thing won't come in with the velocity of a meteor or comet. And it will come apart in the atmosphere. Hopefully most of it will burn up.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Stay safe.
Get your rocket vaccine and booster shot now.

China’s previous use of a Long March-5B rocket for orbital insertion in May 2020 left a 20-ton core stage tumbling out of control over Africa. Some of the debris survived re-entry and came down near the Ivory Coast, including an intact pipe about 12 feet long found by villagers who heard loud noises and flashes of light from the reentry.

“It’s potentially not good. Last time they launched a Long March 5B rocket they ended up with big long rods of metal flying through the sky and damaging several buildings in the Ivory Coast. Most of it burned up, but there were these enormous pieces of metal that hit the ground.

“China has been closely monitoring the movement of the debris,” an unnamed source within the Chinese space program told the South China Morning Post (SCMP) on Tuesday.

“The possibility of being hit by this debris is far lower than being involved in a car accident,” the Chinese source added.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
DC would be OK.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
...Waiting for the "Made In China" junk jokes to appear....

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

“The possibility of being hit by this debris is far lower than being involved in a car accident,” the Chinese source added.

Lol, seriously? I sure freaking hope so.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Twist
posted Hide Post
quote:

Live in the Houston area my entire life. That statement means I have a 50/50 chance of making it, unless it’s more Chinese Propaganda of course.

Seems like another day.

Posts: 1931 | Location: NOT Houston, Tx (Thank God), but in the area. | Registered: May 18, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Sacrapmento when the legislature (and goobernator) are there followed closely by DC when Xiden, the whore, and the legislature are there.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Butch 2340:
DC would be OK.
I disagree. There are too many beautiful monuments there. Better it hits someplace not so historic. (But I understand the idea.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
... run for the hills!!! Smile

I'm thinking - Australia; holds the record in the category of “who can be hit by the biggest piece of space junk”.

Skylab disintegrated over Western Australia.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Taking responsibility, we did pay Australia $400 for littering.

Pres. Select, Joe Biden

The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Taking responsibility, we did pay Australia $400 for littering.

Nah, we set up a little antenna farm outside of Alice Springs. Wink

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14035 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
I'd just be a mite happier if it landed somewhere in China.

Posts: 11315 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post