SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2020-2021 Annual Big Ten Football Thread - tOSU vs Bama National Championship Pg 14
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 14
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2020-2021 Annual Big Ten Football Thread - tOSU vs Bama National Championship Pg 14 Login/Join 
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I'm excited about seeing the Bucks play but if they allow any of the players to take a knee I think I will probably file them with the NFL and tap out.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
I'm excited about seeing the Bucks play but if they allow any of the players to take a knee I think I will probably file them with the NFL and tap out.

You might as well go ahead and label that file.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
They've released the 2020 Big Ten schedule:
quote:

9/19/2020 10:45:00 AM
Big Ten Announces Schedule for 2020 Football Season

The Big Ten Conference announced today the schedule for the 2020 football season, including an eight-game Conference-only schedule starting the weekend of October 24 plus a ninth game for all 14 teams during a newly created Big Ten Champions Week the weekend of December 19.

The full 2020 schedule can be found here . Details surrounding Big Ten Champions Week will be announced at a later time.

I'm looking forward to it, but it's going to be weird Thanksgiving weekend not playing the Hosers for the Old Oaken Bucket. I get having IU as the last game, but Thanksgiving weekend won't be the same playing Rutgers.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Great news for Purdue fans!

A little background:
  • As a true freshman, Moore was Purdue's first freshman consensus all american
  • Game 4 of last season, Moore and our starting QB got knocked out for the season on the same play
  • Last season, David Bell was a freshman and came out of nowhere to fill Moore's shoes. He was a freshman All-American.

I'm really looking forward to seeing defenses have to choose who to double cover.
    quote:
    Purdue WR Rondale Moore opts back in for 2020 season

Purdue wide receiver Rondale Moore is opting back in and will play for the Boilermakers during the fall season, he announced on ESPN's College Football Live on Thursday.

Moore, who in 2018 became the first true freshman consensus All-American in Big Ten history, is the latest star to return to his team after the conference announced it will have a fall season. He said on Aug. 6 that he would opt out of the season to begin preparing for the 2021 NFL draft, citing "unprecedented circumstances" surrounding the coronavirus pandemic.

The Big Ten postponed the fall season on Aug. 11 before announcing on Sept. 16 that a nine-game season would take place with upgraded testing. Moore said the Big Ten's enhanced safety protocols, especially around daily antigen testing, made him comfortable playing in 2020.

"The Big Ten figured it out. Purdue was doing a great job of keeping us safe, and I felt safe coming back," Moore told ESPN on Thursday. "For me, it was a no-brainer to come back to school and go prove what I think I'm worth.

"When I decided to leave, I couldn't get a lot of answers to the questions I was asking. Everyone was unsure. I'm a lot more comfortable than I was before I left."

Last week, Ohio State cornerback Shaun Wade and guard Wyatt Davis both decided to play after initially opting out. Minnesota wide receiver Rashod Bateman also wants to play this fall and has started practicing with the team, although he needs clearance to compete after hiring an agent.

Although Moore left campus for his home in New Albany, Indiana, after opting out, he remained enrolled in classes at Purdue and didn't hire an agent. He also kept in contact with coach Jeff Brohm and co-offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach JaMarcus Shephard.

Moore said he will be tested for COVID-19 on Thursday and, if found negative for the virus, will return to practice with the Boilermakers.

"I'll speak to the team briefly and let them know I can compete, share some of my goals with them," he said. "They're a big reason as to why I came back, so I'm excited. I'm a competitor, and I feel like I'm the best receiver in America. The Big Ten's given me a chance to go show that, and that's what I'm going to go do."

Moore had 114 receptions for 1,258 yards and 12 touchdowns in 2018, becoming just the third Big Ten player to eclipse 100 receptions in a season. He had seven 100-yard receiving games and 662 kick return yards and set team records for single-season all-purpose yards (2,215) and single-game all-purpose yards (313). The 5-foot-9, 180-pound Moore was named first-team All-Big Ten both for offense and special teams and won the Paul Hornung Award as the nation's most versatile player.

He recorded 29 receptions for 387 yards and two touchdowns in four games last year before a hamstring injury sidelined him for the rest of the season.

"We are excited to have Rondale rejoin our team," Brohm said in a statement. "He is a player of unique talents and character, and everyone knows how much he loves to compete."

Moore is on track to complete his degree in business in two and a half years. He is taking nine classes for 27 credits in hopes of graduating at the end of the fall semester. ESPN's Todd McShay rates Moore as the No. 46 prospect in the 2021 NFL draft.

"I came to school with a few goals, and for me, that was to get a degree and have a chance to go play in the NFL. I'm in a position to do both," said Moore, who has a communications minor and a certificate in entrepreneurship and innovation. "No matter what it was, I knew I had to do it. For me, I see it as a challenge, and I'm going to get it done and hopefully graduate with a GPA over 3.6. That's the goal."

Purdue is scheduled to open the season on Oct. 24 at home against Iowa.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Good to hear. Rondale has a brain!

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Week 1 (finally):
  • Friday - IL @ #14 WI at 7:00 central time on BTN. The Badgers are favored by 20. I predict they cover and garner the first Big Ten win of the season.
    Saturday:
  • NE @ #5 tOSU at 11:00 central time on FOX. The Buckeyes are favored by 26. I predict they cover.
  • Rutgers @ MSU at at 11:00 central time on BTN. The Sparties are favored by 13.5 (pretty sad). Sparties win but fail to cover.
  • #8 PSU @ IU at at 2:30 central time on FS1. The Nittany Lions are only favored by 6.5, but I predict the cover.
  • IA @ Purdue at at 2:30 central time on BTN. The Hawkeyes are favored by 3, but I'm going with the Spoilermakers to pull off the upset.
  • #18 UofM @ #21 MN at at 6:30 central time on ABC. The Wolverines are favored by 3, but I'm going with the Golden Gophers pulling off the upset.
  • MD @ NWU at at 6:30 central time on BTN. The Wildcats are favored by 11, but I'm going with them winning but failing to cover.

I've made my wild assed guesses, what are your predictions?

•  
    posted Hide Post
    If you’re a fan of a team from another conference, join in for some good-natured ribbing when your team plays a Big Ten team. Otherwise, please start a thread for your favorite conference
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Since my team is not in the Big Ten and Big Ten teams will not be playing outside their conference, may we join in and bash the Boilermakers if we choose?

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    You'll have to wait until the bowl games for goodish natured ribbing.

posted Hide Post
    Ok. I am happy to finally see the Big Ten playing. All my siblings went to Big Ten schools so I will just hassle them. Glad to see you have a sense of humor. I have seen Purdue play many times in person. Leroy Keyes and Griese both. I been around a while.

PopeDaddy
    Picture of x0225095
    posted Hide Post
    Good natured ribbing about college football....

...what’s that ?

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    No comment needed. I saw your location.

Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    NE @ #5 tOSU at 11:00 central time on FOX. The Buckeyes are favored by 26. I predict they cover.

Hard to get a feel for a team when their first game is October 24th in Columbus, and there are no non-conference games to help gauge them. Still, the Huskers have some talented players. I’m not able to stretch for the upset, but I don’t believe Ohio State beats them by 26 or more.

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    thin skin can't win
    Picture of Georgeair
    posted Hide Post
    Hey! So few games so few opportunities to jump in other conference threads! We’ll all be up in here! Razz

Don’t worry. In 3 weeks all your certainties will be dead and you’ll understand the chaos where everyone else lives.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Well, I am in Ann Arbor, and we Michigan fans are a bit worried about how the Wolverines will fare against the Golden Gophers on Saturday evening. We have a new, untested QB, the offensive line has 4 guy who will be starting for the first time, the secondary is full of players who have no game experience. They are freshmen or sophomores, who played a down or two between them all. Much as we are into our team, we hope they will beat the Golden Gophers, we still worry a lot. The Gophers Coach, PJ Fleck is a very good coach, and it dosenot make me feel rather optimistic. Last night, I was in a Zoom call with 4 friends, all of whom were former Michigan football players, and all of us were rather worried about 2020 season's first game.
    -Sid

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    It takes about five games to get back in the groove.

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Georgeair:
    Don’t worry. In 3 weeks all your certainties will be dead and you’ll understand the chaos where everyone else lives.
    quote:
    Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
    It takes about five games to get back in the groove.
    Good points. Look at some of the perennial top ten teams' surprising starts without the luxury of a few tune up games:
  • OK - 2 & 2 and had to go 4 OTs to beat UT (i.e. on the brink of being 1 & 3).
  • Auburn 2 & 2
  • LSU 1 & 2

The projected cellar dwellars for the Big Ten are NWU, IL, Rutgers, and MD. MN is the only team that faces two of the cellar dwellars in the first 3 weeks so if they get past UofM this weekend they're likely sitting pretty going into their Nov 14th matchup with IA.

•  
    Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    It always sounds chickenshit to bitch about officiating, doesn’t it. Still...

Posts: 13165 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of C-Dubs
    posted Hide Post
    I watched most of the Badgers/Illini game last night.

Much better than the previous year.

I looked up my post about Graham Mertz in last year's B1G thread, and I was even more impressed with him now that he's actually gotten his first start.
  • 21 of 22 completions.
  • 5 TD passes in all before going to the bench in the 4th.

I hope that seals the QB position so Coan can stay on the bench.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”
  •  
    Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Spoilermakers!!!

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvfpYX-Azlg

posted Hide Post
    I am betting that video is getting lots of views!