SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hollywood actress attends anti-gun protest........with armed guards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hollywood actress attends anti-gun protest........with armed guards Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
That guy is a pussy. He should have stood his ground and refused to move. Whats the security guard going to do? Push him? Then it's on. Take a defensive posture and let the security guard bring his best game. Looks like this incident occurred in a public place. He had every right to be there as much as anyone. Pussy.

Yep, this.

+1.

Everyone enjoys a public place.

If that was a march and a permit then there maybe some restrictions?

For myself, if the private security gentleman identified as an off duty LEO, I would respect that. I would maintain a friendly dialogue in any case, yet being mindful of my own ... space.

Hard to be a 30 second quarterback isn't it?

My guess is there is a reason there is only a 30 second clip.
Looks to be behind a stage. The guy backing up likely knows good and well he is in an area that is restricted.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by cjevans:
For myself, if the private security gentleman identified as an off duty LEO, I would respect that. I would maintain a friendly dialogue in any case, yet being mindful of my own ... space.

Hard to be a 30 second quarterback isn't it?

My issue is, is he being there as hired private security or is he there working for public safety?

Seems total bullshit to me he can use credentials paid for by the taxpayer for him to throw around while working privately.

Either you're on duty or you're not, pick one.

"Oh, I wanna play police right now and run this red light..." Roll Eyes

Another issue, fix the compensation so cops don't have to work side jobs to make ends meet. The work/stress to pay ratio is pretty bad for most from what I've seen.

Private security and off duty employment generally have two completely different meaning in most jurisdictions.

Go to Florida and you will see “off duty” officers in uniform working the door at bars and clubs checking IDs. They are paid by the establishment but are there for public safety.
Same goes for Wal-Marts, malls, sporting events, fairs, festivals, etc. across the country.

Many off duty gigs pay $50+ an hour and usually are fairly simple just walk around and be seen.

Many seemed surprised she would hire armed security or the event would have it.

One Of the main mantras of the left is “a gun for me but not for thee.”

————————————————

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Excuse me, what right does a private security guard have to tell people where they can stand?

Being that we only have a 30 second clip of the event. It is hard to tell. But as I pointed earlier.
The security guard have have been 100% legally right to knock someone on their tail based upon the situations.
Many cities grant permits and rental areas for protest and other purposes that the permit holder can restrict access to and hire private security to handle the security, which can include physical removal of individuals from the permitted area.

So all you folks thinking you are just going to go stomping around where you want and hope the fella in shades and a dress suit knocks you to your ass so you can call Morgan and Morgan. Might want to tread a little lighter if you don't know the full circumstances.
I hear what you're saying, but if I'm simply standing there taking it all in, sans a bullhorn, and not having made 'any' aggressive moves against the person who this clown was hired to protect, he can kiss my lilly white ass if he doesn't like my hat or t-shirt, I'm not going anywhere. And at 6'3" / 230, I'm not being shoved around anywhere by Leroy and his all black ensemble and intimidation efforts. Invade my personal space and/or get in my face, but I'm not moving an inch until a uniformed officer tells me otherwise. Then it becomes a potential legal matter.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Go to Florida and you will see “off duty” officers in uniform working the door at bars and clubs checking IDs. They are paid by the establishment but are there for public safety.
Uh, no, that's not how it works for the Orlando Police Department or the Orange County Sheriff's Office, the two biggest agencies in Central Florida. The officers are indeed in uniform and many arrive in a department squad car to do their off-duty gigs, but the establishment most assuredly does not pay the officers. As a matter of fact, that is strictly prohibited. Contracts are signed between the business establishment and the particular agency, and all payments are made to the agency, with the agency paying the officers, of course after taking a piece for itself.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Summary:

Entitled out of touch "B/C" list actress takes up a cause for publicity and demonstrates hypocrisy

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
quote:
Excuse me, what right does a private security guard have to tell people where they can stand?

Being that we only have a 30 second clip of the event. It is hard to tell. But as I pointed earlier.
The security guard have have been 100% legally right to knock someone on their tail based upon the situations.
Many cities grant permits and rental areas for protest and other purposes that the permit holder can restrict access to and hire private security to handle the security, which can include physical removal of individuals from the permitted area.

So all you folks thinking you are just going to go stomping around where you want and hope the fella in shades and a dress suit knocks you to your ass so you can call Morgan and Morgan. Might want to tread a little lighter if you don't know the full circumstances.
I hear what you're saying, but if I'm simply standing there taking it all in, sans a bullhorn, and not having made 'any' aggressive moves against the person who this clown was hired to protect, he can kiss my lilly white ass if he doesn't like my hat or t-shirt, I'm not going anywhere. And at 6'3" / 230, I'm not being shoved around anywhere by Leroy and his all black ensemble and intimidation efforts. Invade my personal space and/or get in my face, but I'm not moving an inch until a uniformed officer tells me otherwise. Then it becomes a potential legal matter.

Depending upon the situation a legal matter you will likely lose.

quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
quote:
Uh, no, that's not how it works for the Orlando Police Department or the Orange County Sheriff's Office, the two biggest agencies in Central Florida. The officers are indeed in uniform and many arrive in a department squad car to do their off-duty gigs, but the establishment most assuredly does not pay the officers. As a matter of fact, that is strictly prohibited. Contracts are signed between the business establishment and the particular agency, and all payments are made to the agency, with the agency paying the officers, of course after taking a piece for itself.

Sorry for my poor wording, I understand the officers are not paid directly in these scenarios by the establishment but the establishment is paying the bill not the taxpayers.

Here we can’t work for a liquor licensed establishment in any capacity at all.
All other non liquor licensed places are fair game paid directly to the officer by the establishment as long as they provide workers compensation insurance and their business is of legal means.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Wrong. No one, including the Police have the right to "knock someone on their tail" simply because they refuse to obey them. They can of course inform that person that they are now under arrest for Criminal Trespass if they refuse to leave after he ASK'S them to leave and they refuse but that gives them the right to put the cuffs on them, not "knock them on their tail". And that applies if they are on duty or off duty employed by a private entity.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
In this case if they "knock them on their tail" there would be about 50 cameras showing the tail knocking from about 50 different viewpoints.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10924 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Summary:

Entitled out of touch "B/C" list actress takes up a cause for publicity and demonstrates hypocrisy

I have a gun protecting me while I tell you that you can't have a gun to protect yourself. Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Wrong. No one, including the Police have the right to "knock someone on their tail" simply because they refuse to obey them. They can of course inform that person that they are now under arrest for Criminal Trespass if they refuse to leave after he ASK'S them to leave and they refuse but that gives them the right to put the cuffs on them, not "knock them on their tail". And that applies if they are on duty or off duty employed by a private entity.

An officer and private security in many jurisdictions can you physical force to move people from certain areas before attempting to make a physical arrest. In many of those instance guess where the noncompliant person ends up??

Beyond that Considering most of the folks in here are blathering on and on about not caring what this guy says I am going to guess when the cuffs come out it won’t be sorry Sir, I’ll just turn around now cuff me.
One pull away when the attempt for cuffs to go on no issues with being taken down what so ever.

Not sure about Dallas but there are plenty of jurisdiction where private security can physically handcuff you for not obeying their orders. You want to get silly and sqwak you are not doing yourself any good.

While yes ol girl is being hypocritical I am betting the video poster is being a bit disingenuous as we only have a 30 second clip. I would be willing to be he knows good and well he is in an area that is restricted or he is not to be in the first place.

————————————————

my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

An officer and private security in many jurisdictions can you physical force to move people from certain areas before attempting to make a physical arrest. In many of those instance guess where the noncompliant person ends up??

Beyond that Considering most of the folks in here are blathering on and on about not caring what this guy says I am going to guess when the cuffs come out it won’t be sorry Sir, I’ll just turn around now cuff me.
One pull away when the attempt for cuffs to go on no issues with being taken down what so ever.

Not sure about Dallas but there are plenty of jurisdiction where private security can physically handcuff you for not obeying their orders. You want to get silly and sqwak you are not doing yourself any good.

While yes ol girl is being hypocritical I am betting the video poster is being a bit disingenuous as we only have a 30 second clip. I would be willing to be he knows good and well he is in an area that is restricted or he is not to be in the first place.

The law in Texas is pretty simple and is contained in 14.01 CCP.

It requires a felony or a breach of the peace to provide justification for a non peace officer to make an on-view arrest (security guards have the same arrest authority as any other private citizen). Anyone may also arrest for theft under 18.16 CCP.

Criminal trespass is not a breach of the peace and neither is "not respecting some dude in a suit"

Most of the times I have seen security guards apply handcuffs, the only provable crime has been Unlawful restraint (against the security guard). If they draw down and arrest someone for something they have no authority to arrest for, it actually meets all of the elements of aggravated kidnapping.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the Texas clarification.
Would be nice to see a few minutes of video prior to the 30 second clip.

————————————————

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You are grasping at straws now. That guy allowed himself to be bullied.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am an old geezer so I don’t know who the movie star is. Can some one post a photo so I can look upon her. She can’t be too famous If I never heard of her.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArLEOret:
I am an old geezer so I don’t know who the movie star is. Can some one post a photo so I can look upon her. She can’t be too famous If I never heard of her.
I never heard of her either, but this is what Google brought up:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
She was the kid on Who's the Boss.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:

She was also the daughter in Commando.

And she's obviously pregnant in that photo above.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

She may be, but it looks like her thighs, upper arms, and even her hands are all about to give birth. LOL

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
she's obviously pregnant in that photo above.
Not my fault. I don't know her. I never even saw her.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:
quote:

She may be, but it looks like her thighs, upper arms, and even her hands are all about to give birth. LOL
What the fuck? How long have you been a member of this forum?????

V-TAIL- WHY did you feel it necessary to post that photo? I'd like an answer, please, from both of you.

What the fuck, gentlemen? HOW MANY TIMES do we have to go over this? Have I not made myself CRYSTAL FUCKING CLEAR on things like this?

Explain yourself, gentlemen. In case you missed it, she's pregnant in that pic, and for that photo to be posted and commented upon in this manner is unacceptable.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post