SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Georgia members, remember to vote today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia members, remember to vote today Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Gotta stop this Ossoff con man

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017...-house-election.html

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Vote Bob Gray!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Notice that this Ossoff asshole doesn't even mention his party affilliation in any of his campaign ads. Typical Democrat con man.

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
I have noticed. Ossoff doesn't even live in the 6th district, he lives in DC.

He touts himself as a National Security "advisor". He made movie clips. That was his job.

And oh, by the way, Handel? Failed career politician. Was secretary of state and resigned to run for other office. Failed governor run, failed senate run. She is nothing but a career politician wannabe.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shaql:
I have noticed. Ossoff doesn't even live in the 6th district, he lives in DC.

He touts himself as a National Security "advisor". He made movie clips. That was his job.

And oh, by the way, Handel? Failed career politician. Was secretary of state and resigned to run for other office. Failed governor run, failed senate run. She is nothing but a career politician wannabe.

Ossoff worked for Hank Guam will tip over Johnson. Doesn't that make him qualified? Mad

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It's being reported the guy doesn't live in the district.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31419 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
Breitbart was all over this guy on their morning show today. Something like $9M raised for him in 30 days and all but $200K from outside of GA?

So y'all have a jungle primary and in the event he doesn't hit 50% (which I assume he won't) is there ANY danger that the GOP won't coalesce around the GOP leader in the runoff?

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16263 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

Is that an automatic DQ?

Posts: 15841 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
How can he run without a legal residence in the district? Fucking Dimocrats!!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
They are pushing for Osoff hard in Roswell, signs everywhere. Saw a Youtube ad for him last night where he was addressing a crowd in Georgia (supposedly) and his over use of the phrase y'all gave me the creeps.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
I identify as a GA resident. Can I vote?

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
District 6 is south of me

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39716 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
It'll probably take a runoff because of so many R candidates, but Ossoff will go down.

Voted this morning in E Cobb.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10472 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, I'm anticipating a runoff, but not with the Democrat who is ashamed to let us know his party affiliation.

Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
There are 18 Rs running. The run-off will be between Ossoff and the Top R vote-getter.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://freebeacon.com/politics...ecurity-credentials/

After claiming for months he had five years of experience as a congressional national security staffer with top-secret clearance, Georgia Democrat Jon Ossoff has now admitted that he had clearance for just five months.

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Donate Blood,
Save a Life!
Picture of StarTraveler
posted Hide Post
I voted around 11:15 this morning and was really surprised at the length of the lines, but it turned out that part of that was due to the local runoff election. Voters stood in line for the city runoff ballot and then stood in another line for the congressional election ballot. It was a couple of minutes to noon when I got out of there.

There are lots of Ossoff signs because there's so much money from out-of-state. The guy (who finally owned up to being "a Georgia Democrat and proud of it" in his last campaign ad) has many, many times the campaign cash of any Dem who's run in the area in the almost 28 years that I've been here so they're giving yard signs away like candy to kids on Halloween. I hear they make pretty decent and really cheap target holders after the election.

"Aut viam inveniam aut faciam (I will either find a way or make one)." -- Hannibal Barca

Posts: 2094 | Location: Georgia | Registered: July 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
hey're giving yard signs away like candy to kids on Halloween. I hear they make pretty decent and really cheap target holders after the election.

Take lots of cheap target holders!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

Is that an automatic DQ?

Nope, Georgia only requires you be a Georgia Resident. I need to check but IIRC one sitting Representative lives just outside his district at his family's College Park, GA homestead. And I can see how say redistricting could move you out of your district.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I'm sure it was just a random theft. Roll Eyes

New details emerge in theft of Ga. voting machines.

Key electronic voter logs used in the Georgia special election to fill a vacant Congressional seat were swiped from the pickup truck of a poll worker during a grocery run, according to a police report obtained by Fox News.

The theft of early voting check-in books has raised the specter of fraud in the hotly contested race to fill the state's sixth district seat left open when Tom Price was named Health and Human Services secretary. Tuesday is election day, but thousands of voters took part in early voting.

Democrats are pouring resources to back 30-year-old Jon Ossoff's bid to flip a formerly solid red zone in what could be a symbolic blow to President Donald Trump. Ossoff has emerged as the frontrunner in a crowded field, but needs to top 50 percent to avoid a runoff on June 20.

“The theft could just be a random thing, but the timing makes it much more worrisome."

- Jason Shepherd, chairman of the Cobb County GOP

The books that were stolen on April 15, the day after early voting ended in Cobb County, were so-called 'E poll' books used by elections officials to check-in voters at the polls. The books, which resemble computer tablets, store information ofn voters, maps, and polling site reports. They have signature pads that enable poll workers to compare new signatures with those on record.

The Cobb County Police Department, which is heading up the investigation, provided the police report to Fox News in response to a Georgia Open Records request. Poll manager, Craig Joe Rogers, 60 of Marietta, told police he parked his Ford F-250 Super Duty near the front of a Kroger supermarket in Marietta.

Rogers bought groceries and returned to his car to find thousands of dollars' worth of elections equipment missing. There were no signs of forced entry, and Rogers admitted he may have left the doors unlocked.

A responding Cobb County police officer viewed surveillance video from the supermarket and stated in the report, “A dark gray colored Dodge Charger or Chrysler 300 drove through the lanes in the parking lot. It appears that someone gets out of the Charger/Chrysler vehicle and goes into the victim’s vehicle. The suspect then gets into his vehicle and leaves the scene.”

The police report notes there was another auto break-in down the street at the Marietta fish market around the same time.

“We have opened an investigation, and we are taking steps to ensure that it has no effect on the election," said Georgia Secretary of State Brian Kemp. "I am confident that the results will not be compromised.”

“It is unfortunate timing,” agreed Michael Owens, chairman of the Cobb County Democrats. “But I do not believe this is targeted. I don’t believe it will have any impact on the election results. Was someone literally tracking poll managers? I highly doubt it.”

Kemp’s office has been critical of the Cobb County officials for not informing the Secretary of State until two days after the incident.

“It is ridiculous that they waited to notify our office,” said Kemp’s press secretary, Candice Broce. “We should have been one of the first calls that they made after the theft occurred. We are always accessible to county elections officials, even on the weekends.”

Meanwhile, Pam Burel, of the Cobb County County Elections Department, told Fox News the agency has “taken all necessary steps to insure that the equipment cannot be used to impact this election.”

But others directly involved in the bitterly contested "jungle primary" between Osoff and 17 other candidates, say the theft of the polling equipment, happened at a very suspicious moment.

“This election has gotten very contentious,” said Jason Shepherd, chairman of the Cobb County GOP. “The Democrats have sent in busloads of activists from Washington, Connecticut, and Michigan.”

While Shepherd says he’s waiting for the police investigation to conclude before reaching any conclusions, he told Fox News the circumstances raised red flags.

“The theft could just be a random thing, but the timing makes it much more worrisome," he said. "I think there is cause to be concerned about the integrity of the elections. Did they look in the back of that truck and saw what they knew to be voting machines, and thought they could get something to affect the election? That’s a concern.”

According to the police report there were four Expresspoll E poll books stolen, each valued at $2,000. Cobb County Elections Department Director Janine Eveler said the E poll books had flash cards with voter lists on them. “They have the whole county on there,” said Lawrence Norden, of the NYU Brennan Center’s Democracy Program, “If you wanted to target people based on their party affiliation, there’s potential that it could be used for getting out the vote.”

An E Poll book in the wrong hands could wreak havoc, according to Norden, “It is very dangerous, where these machines don’t have the right security. They could be tampered with and manipulated so that if people show up on election day, you can make it seem like somebody already voted, or you could create something where the E Poll book can’t communicate with the central database creating long lines.”

Still, Norden and other experts say that there is very little risk of such scenarios, since the authorities say they have taken the necessary precautions, and also that much of the information contained on the E poll books is already available to campaigns and the public.

“It’s not clear that whoever stole the machines knew what the machines were,” said Dana Chisnell, of Harvard’s Kennedy School of Government, “They may have just thought they were computers or something else of value.”

But authorities are taking no chances.

“We are asking poll workers to be vigilant today, and we are calling on members of the public to report any and all irregularities at the polls,” said Broce.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...voting-machines.html

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post