SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Georgia members, remember to vote today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia members, remember to vote today Login/Join 
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YellowJacket:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
Handel has a lot of work to do to win the runoff. She needs to convince all those Republican voters who voted for other candidates to turn out for her. with Ossof at 48.1%, she doesn't have much of a margin of error. Advantage: Ossof

Let's hope the Georgia 6th district does the right thing and turns out big for the GOP!

It is not advantage Ossoff. The fact that he couldn't win it to begin with is bad news for Ossoff.

Yeah in Georgia leader tends to lose to the second place holder in the run off.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Still laughing at Rush calling "assoff" a Pajama Boy candidate. Wheeeee! hahahahahahahahahaha

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
Rush is spot on with his analyses
This advertising is making lots of money with a boat load more on the way

Posts: 22407 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Still laughing at Rush calling "assoff" a Pajama Boy candidate. Wheeeee! hahahahahahahahahaha

I actually got to listen to Rush yesterday as I was driving from Philly to NJ and heard him say that. I was laughing all I could.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...rgia-runoff-n2318035

few things about Ossoff

- doesn't live in the district he wants to represent

- did not vote in 2012 presidential election

- has never voted in any of the state's many runoff elections,

- His family has a yacht and a Cessna, the latter purchased through a limited liability company using a relative’s address in New Hampshire, one of a handful of states that don’t charge sales taxes on airplane purchases.

- researchers in Washington point to a family that uses multiple LLCs in many states to avoid taxes and shield personal assets

hey, let's pay our "share"

Meet Jon Ossoff:

https://youtu.be/DT_-9vF49F0

Posts: 19502 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Heh: Democrat in Georgia Runoff Has Never Bothered to Vote in a Georgia Runoff

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...rgia-runoff-n2318035

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23942 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://hotair.com/archives/201...momentum-looks-like/

20 June 2017 is the runoff vote between Handel (R)and Ossoff (D)

latest polling indicates Handel is gathering the REP votes that were spread over a primary field of 11 REP candidates

The new poll of 611 likely voters shows Handel with 49.1 percent of the vote and Ossoff with 46.5 percent.

Basically, this poll shows a virtual tie. Both polls have a ±4% margin of error, and both polls had a small but significant group of undecideds.

Ossoff and Democrats poured over $8 million into the district already

special election turnout models are so unpredictable that they tell us nothing predictive for the next regular cycle. In other words, don’t place your bets quite yet, but the two polls we’ve seen strongly suggest that Handel has generated a lot of momentum among Republicans very quickly

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
We've got a Handel on it.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.ajc.com/news/state-...PRxoDMGhK8wM8ecSyoK/

A Washington-based advocacy group has filed a federal lawsuit accusing Georgia of violating federal law by reducing the amount of time residents have to register to vote.

The Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law filed the complaint in federal court in Georgia on behalf of five civil rights and voting rights organizations. It claims Georgia law cuts off voter registration for federal run-off elections two months earlier than guaranteed under federal law.

Anyone who had not registered to vote in March cannot register to participate in the June runoff between Democrat Jon Ossoff and Republican Karen Handel.

The plaintiffs are the Georgia State Conference of the NAACP, the Georgia Coalition for the Peoples’ Agenda, ProGeorgia State Table, Third Sector Development, and Asian Americans Advancing Justice – Atlanta.

update:

A federal judge on Thursday ordered Georgia to temporarily reopen voter registration until May 21.

Ossoff’s campaign said it registers an average of 100 voters a day

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ga06-debate-n2337480

interesting article on the recent debate

a highlight:

Karen Handel (R) asks Jon Ossoff (D) who he will vote for in the special election

(hint: trick question)

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Handel isn't a very inspiring candidate and that's why this is any sort of a race.
Hopefully she'll pull it out.

Posts: 9456 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Karen Handel, neighbors receive envelopes with 'white powdery substance' inside

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
The election is Tuesday. What's the view on the ground out there?

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
The election is Tuesday. What's the view on the ground out there?

Everyone I know has done their part and voted. Polls have been showing Ossof in the lead but we know how that works. All the lefties in Roswell are frothing at the mouth, they think Ossof has it wrapped up. The clear thinking citizens will be glad when this is over and Ossof goes away.

JC

Posts: 1267 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
I think I will just go up there tomorrow and vote. I will tell them that I "identify" as a 6th. District resident and registered voter for the time being. Big Grin

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Good luck and defeat Ossoff

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yes, please defeat that little dork. If there was ever a dude I wanted to give an atomic wedgie to, it's this little pajama boy.

Good luck in Georgia today.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

It Took Two Hours To Walk From Jon Ossoff’s House to Georgia’s Sixth District

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Any local updates?

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38599 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post