SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Georgia members, remember to vote today
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Georgia members, remember to vote today Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
50 Million?

Damn.

No.

Not $50,000,000.00.

The right number is sixty million, $60,000,000.00.

LINK

$60 million??

Dang.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Though his campaign spent tens of millions of dollars in an attempt to defeat Republican Karen Handel, in an NPR interview that aired the morning of the election, Democrat Jon Ossoff lamented money in politics:

Wikipedia should put Ossoff's picture in the definition of "chutzpah"

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
'Money for me but not for thee.'

Soros has been making a lot of poor 'investment' choices lately.

Posts: 3475 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Yeah, and he must be pissed! Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Funny, the news reports on this yesterday were convinced the Dem would win and it would mark the beginning of the end for Trump and the Republicans

Huh, media wrong again...

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Georgia Rep. Buddy Carter slammed Democrats Wednesday for claiming a moral victory in the state’s special election, saying bluntly that “moral victories don’t get to vote in Congress.”

MSNBC’s Stephanie Ruhle asked Carter if Republicans should be worried about the close victory margins in places like South Carolina and Georgia.

“Democrats are saying this is a moral victory for them,” she suggested.

“You know, moral victories don’t get to vote in Congress,” Carter replied. “The ones who win get to vote in Congress.”

Carter said the important part of the South Carolina and Georgia special elections is that Republicans have two new allies coming to Washington, D.C. to vote.

“It had to be demoralizing for the Democrats,” Carter sassed. “I mean, they hit us with their best shot. … We won. That’s what’s most important thing.”

“We’re 4-0 since the president has been elected in the special elections, and I think that’s significant.”

http://dailycaller.com/2017/06...e-in-congress-video/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Besides the fact that virtually everyone who complains about the influence of money in politics spends as much money as they can raise on the process, I’m always surprised by one thing. When that complaint is made, it should be glaringly obvious that the unstated message is that elections are bought by spending money to influence stupid people.

The person who is concerned enough and intelligent enough to learn the important things about the candidates in any election will not suddenly be influenced to change his vote by the twentieth time he sees an ad that says “Candidate XYZ is no good.” There are countless sources of information that aren’t paid for by the candidates, but even if a particular claim must be made via a teevee ad, why must it be repeated innumerable times?

The undeniable fact may be that some people can be influenced to change their minds if they see an ad for one candidate 20 times and see an ad for the other candidate 19 times, but I always wonder why no one ever talks about it.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47399 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The Democrats could spend a trillion dollars and they wouldn't get my vote. Unless they wrote the check directly to me. Then I still wouldn't vote for them, but I might lie and say I had. Thank God for the secret ballot.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
I can't tell you how relieved I was that the election is over. No, not because Karen Handel won; simply that we aren't barraged with constant campaign ads and pollsters. And I don't even live in the 6th district...

They calculated the cost per vote on this House seat at $200/vote.

Posts: 1824 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici
Picture of ChuckFinley
posted Hide Post
Jane Fonda is specifically listed as donating for this twit.

That's all anyone should need to know.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis

Posts: 5644 | Location: District 12 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Jane. The state of Georgia appreciates your generous donation. For you, it was a chance to try and feel good about your shit ideology, and for Georgia, it's revenue. So, hey, don't feel like you've just thrown away money. No, instead, you've given it to people who wouldn't vote your little carpetbaggin' buddy into office, and that's a good thing, Jane.

TTFN!

kisses!

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107511 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Lo, there is wailing and lamentations in the camp of the unwashed.

The short version -

- This was supposed to be a referendum on Trump, but he was rarely mentioned. Instead, the Dems are rattled by the fact that attack ads featuring Nancy Pelosi seem to have been very effective.

- All the differences between Democrats that were put aside in order to focus on Trump and these House races are re-emerging now that all four House special election races have been lost.

- Dems are now the ones bemoaning a week national recruiting pool for candidates (even as their strong national donor pool flailed away helplessly - but that's not in the article).

See all the fun for yourself at http://www.yahoo.com/news/spec...crats-181834400.html

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tell me, when is the swearing-in ceremony for the "moral victors"? Razz

Karen Handel to be sworn in at U.S. Capitol

Posts: 107511 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
repost form the other thread just because I like it so much

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post