SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Weatherby Bails on California, Moves to Wyoming
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Weatherby Bails on California, Moves to Wyoming Login/Join 
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
The Sheridan Inn, Sheridan, Wyo. Buffalo Bill was a partner in it and auditioned acts for the Wild West show from the porch.
Sheridan Inn-Sheridan Wyoming

Downtown Sheridan
YEE-Haw

It's a pretty nice place to live. Close to Devil's Tower, Cody and Yellowstone.

Hotel Irma in Cody was built by Buffalo Bill and named after his daughter. Cody has the Buffalo Bill Historical Center which is a world-class museum. Also a rodeo school nearby. Bill was supposed to be buried there, but as he died in Denver, Colorado grabbed his corpse and kept it for the tourist interest.

Outside the East Gate to Yellowstone was Pahaska Teepee, also owned by Buffalo Bill for the tourist trade.

Hotel Irma

The Burlington RR bought and moved Bill's childhood home to Cody for the amusement of Yellowstone tourists where it still sits now property of the Center.

Bill's Boyhood Home-Oldest Building in WYO

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Damn it! Now I've got to buy another expensive rifle...

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified Plane Pusher
Picture of Phantom229
posted Hide Post
I wonder if 12131 will send them a Sig? Razz

Situation awareness is defined as a continuous extraction of environmental information, integration of this information with previous knowledge to form a coherent mental picture in directing further perception and anticipating future events. Simply put, situational awareness mean knowing what is going on around you.

Posts: 7895 | Location: Around Lake Tapps, Wa | Registered: September 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Folks who have never been to Wyoming might be surprised to learn they have a thriving economy, wonderful towns (complete with artsty-fartsy kind of stuff) and lots of open land. It's not all scrub and desert and some would have you believe.

No, really, it IS all scrub and desert. Don’t forget wind, lots of wind.

And cold. Don't forget to mention the cold. It's damned cold. Always. Even when it's hot it's cold. And windy. And snow.

And it has fangs...

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31441 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I bet everyone involved will be happier.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Wyoming shooter, that I met at a OpSpec training class told me it is windy in the spring, but not much for the rest of the year.

-c1steve

Posts: 4053 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Somehow I doubt that Moon Beam Brown and his wacko moonies in CA care at all.

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
A Wyoming shooter, that I met at a OpSpec training class told me it is windy in the spring, but not much for the rest of the year.

All kidding aside, my experience is (and I’ve lived and worked in 6 Western states) is that it’s windy in the spring all over the West, except in those places influenced by certain topography. Wyoming, especially the southeastern third (not quarter) of the state is windy throughout the winter AND spring. I tell myself it keeps out the riff-raff.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fatmanspencer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fpuhan:
Folks who have never been to Wyoming might be surprised to learn they have a thriving economy, wonderful towns (complete with artsty-fartsy kind of stuff) and lots of open land. It's not all scrub and desert and some would have you believe.

You lost me when you said it wasnt all scrubs and desert. Damn it man thats what I want is scrubs. But seriously if Ga ever gets bad gun laws Wyoming sounds lovely

Used guns deserve a home too

Posts: 783 | Location: North Ga | Registered: August 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't get it.

California bein' such a paradise and all...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qt2mbGP6vFI

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Bar-Sto left California for South Dakota a few years ago.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 41:
I read that 5M people have left CA in the last decade.

Unfortunately, many continue to vote like Californians.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
yeah, it seems that when they cross the state line, their intelligence doesn't increase and they do the same shit they just left behind.

I think there should be a moratorium on Californians leaving California unless they can demonstrate they want to become an American

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53179 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Wyoming is an incredibly beautiful state. Spent a lot of time there fishing and back-packing. Friend of mine is the city engineer for Jackson. He lives a great life.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
Talked to a few of the Weatherby folks at SHOT regarding the move. Both seemed excited and did mention they will be hiring locals. This will impact MT as well...not all that far from Billings to Sheridan.

Prior to SHOT I visited a buddy down in Brenda AZ, near Quartzite. I drove all over UT,NV, ID,MT to get there and gas was basically $3.20-$3.40 a gallon.

I cut through a bit of CA on my way and stopped at a gas station... $4.19 a gallon! That right there, says it ALL about Cali.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post

Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================

Posts: 408 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post