SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    National Police Week in Washington DC
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

National Police Week in Washington DC Login/Join 
The Velvet Voicebox
posted
If any SF members are in town for the festivities, gimmie a shout out if possible. Good time to meet & shake your hand.

http://www.policeweek.org/index.html

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish you had mentioned this earlier. I'm at Reagan waiting for my flight home. Maybe next year.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I had forgotten all about it till a buddy from MPD mentioned it to me over the weekend.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7656 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I was there Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Wish I had known.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
I didn't make it this year, but I'd love to do it again sometime, and take my family. A buddy and I took a trip to DC back in college, and ended up accidentally getting there during National Police Week. It was pretty awesome to get to watch the ceremonies and see all the squad cars from all over the country...there were crowds of cops and their families everywhere we went. We missed seeing George W Bush speak by one day.

My buddy was a CJ major at the time, and I was in IT...A career in LE wasn't even on my radar. We now both work for the same department.

Posts: 8565 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I new some people from here in Baton Rouge that were there for our guys that got killed

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The speech that PRESIDENT Trump gave was the best one I've ever heard in all the times I've attended. Heartfelt and compassionate. I recommend that every copper in America attend this event at least once in their lifetimes. The only down side is when you see the surviving family members get off the busses and enter the Capitol grounds, especially when they are small children.Very,very sad. People come from all over the world to attend this event. I saw policemen from Germany, England,France and a few other places. It is a good time while at the same time a very sad one. I'm not an emotional person but that survivors Walk of Honor really gets to me. Thank God for Maui Jim.

Posts: 5742 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I liked Ashcroft's speech Saturday evening too.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Him and General Kelly both gave good speeches. So did AG Sessions. It's a new day for those of us that believe in law and order and the American way.

posted Hide Post
You flew in from Maui? How long was that flight? My 1.5 hour flight was not very pleasant.

Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
I flew in for the birth of my second grandson and that made it possible to make it back this year. A good group from my old job attend every year so it represented a chance to join living friends in honoring fallen ones.