SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Are you one of "those " people?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Are you one of "those " people? Login/Join 
posted
When people talk to others about you ,do they pigeon hole you ? even though they have never met you ?

what do they say about your "type"

your fashion style your clothing choices , the vehicle you drive,

do all of the choices that you make daily, exemplify the total you , to others?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
I can't shake the moniker Wild Bill, despite what I wear, drive, or wear.

Posts: 5018 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Hayseed. Hick. Redneck. Gun-toting conservative.

All labels I wear proudly.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15181 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Our two adult kids seem to think they've got us sorted, typed, and filed. I have no idea about others

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
People talk about me? I thought I was so invisible that I don't even talk to myself. Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Hell if I know

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Honestly, I really don't care. Life is too short to worry about what others think on such trivial matters.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
I guess I am. I mean, I constantly see myself being held to different standards than others.

For instance... If Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's "Sexy" and "Art" and when I do it it's "exposure" and I get banned from Home Depot.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I don't know, and don't care a whole lot. Sure, I try to not be completely oblivious to fashion and current culture, but I'm old enough not to sweat the details.

That being said, I WILL NOT WEAR JORTS. (but I'll damned sure wear cargo shorts)

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
What others may think or say about me is none of my business.

Getting older is liberating. Hell, I'll wear socks & flip-flops together.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5473 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Always. People or simpletons, have the incessant need to stereotype and put others into their little boxes that they have created in their minds. Clothes, vehicle, they use such things for this. “Oh I get it, you are X, or Y.”
it’s human nature and pathetic.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Tribalism and the ability to quickly reognize threats are a couple of the key reasons the human race was able thrive. Tribalism- in multicultural societies- is now to our detriment, but the ability to judge others quickly (something like seven seconds or less) and on appearance alone, has been vital to the survival of the human race.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107266 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
My ex said I intimidate people.

Heck, all I want is a little love...

[Karl Childers]

"Some calls it intimidating, I call it asshole.... Mmmmhmmm..."

[/Karl Childers]

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
Honestly, I really don't care. Life is too short to worry about what others think on such trivial matters.

^^^^This^^^^

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
For instance... If Miley Cyrus gets naked and licks a hammer it's "Sexy" and "Art" and when I do it it's "exposure" and I get banned from Home Depot.

I choked up a bit on that one! Big Grin

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chickenshit
Picture of rsbolo
posted Hide Post
There are times I wonder how I am viewed as I often hear "stories" from other people and wonder why I never see the weird stuff they seem to run into all the time.

Posts: 8000 | Location: East Central FL | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think they do. I don't mind so much anymore, but I have a hard time getting service in places like car dealerships and with realtors. I'm pretty damn cheap, and I guess it shows. I had so many car salesmen ignore me I went to a different county to buy my Taco. Funny, when I was much younger, long hair and a beard showed I was a "free spirit." Now a cheap mail order shirt brands me as not worthy of service. It's worked in my favor, too, sort of. I have had people walk up to me and give me their spare change.

Posts: 17121 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
since moving from phoenix , back to tiny town ,
I never go anywhere , I never do anything.

I have zero in common with 75% of the tiny town population .

there are a few that are very cordial and pleasant but most have no use for the giant fat guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVX79jQzVUY

I am not a farmer, I am not in a business in the community ,I have no kids in any of the three schools , I don't play cards , no one wants to watch birds or go shooting. I don't smoke or drink.
if not for the love of my life , I'd be 80 miles west of here .

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54504 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Paddle your
own canoe
Picture of BigWhup
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:

I choked up a bit on that one! Big Grin

I finally realized he was talking about an actual hammer. Razz

Posts: 1552 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: August 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I tell folks I'm a Grump studying to be a Curmudgeon, and they say I can stop studying....

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post