SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Help ID'ing some aircraft please.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help ID'ing some aircraft please. Login/Join 
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted
Need some help from our Aviator folks.

What are these MOJO flights? They have been passing over my place lately. When the MOJO80 passed is was at night and I couldn't tell what it was but it was loud. Then today MOJO14 passed over and it was really loud my neighbor said it was a helicopter but I was inside and didn't see it. She said it's been about ever day.

I'm just outside of Baton Rouge. This was off FlightAware.

Are they military?

Thanks

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Apparently they fly back and forth between Chennault International and Hammond Northshore Regional but that’s all I came up with in a quick look see.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
WAPO had an article that the Lousiana National Guard rotary wings were operating with the call sign MOJO (MOJO69 went down killing the crew and Marine Special Operator passengers).

So my guess is that it is military, but not sure if it's there National Guard unit, or tied to Special Ops training, my guess would be the former as there are a lot of MOJO flights from KHDC (Hammond Northshore Regional Airport) which hosts the Army National Guard Base.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P210:
Apparently they fly back and forth between Chennault International...

Slight thread drift: Chennault was a SAC B-47 & B-52 base, closed in 1963.

http://www.strategic-air-comma...es/Chennault_AFB.htm

https://www.airnav.com/airport/KCWF

Posts: 15907 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chennault has been in constant use by various defense contractors and aircraft maintenance groups for decades . Boeing leased it for a while to refurb KC-135 tankers . The B-52's from Barksdale use it to practice touch and go landings since the runways are so damn long . I worked at a site just south of the runway and saw all kinds of neat aircraft coming and going .

Posts: 4046 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happiness is
Vectored Thrust
Picture of mojojojo
posted Hide Post
Not sure what it is but it ain’t me Razz

Icarus flew too close to the sun, but at least he flew.

Posts: 6722 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: April 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
Another source?

Posts: 3239 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
According to this source it could be any of the following:

https://henney.com/chm/callsign.htm

MOJO F-16CJ, 55 FS Shaw AFB SC
MOJO F-35B VMFAT-501 MCAS Beaufort, SC
MOJO A-10, MI ANG Battle Creek MI
MOJO C-12J 374AW Yokota,JA
MOJO F-35 Eglin AFB FL
MOJO F-35B VMFAT-501 MCAS Beaufort SC

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At 1,000' and 150 knots cross country?

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Practicing slow flight??? Big Grin Big Grin

Ah...found another source that identifies this as a UH-60 "Mike" Model in civilian nomenclature, a Sikorsky Blackhawk Medivac helicopter.

https://www.live-military-mode...States&submit=Search

Ooooohhh...that's COLD, Mr. Sigmonkey!! Big Grin Big Grin

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Well, the A-10 out of Fightertown East, with a stiff tailwind... Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
They're rising flights.

Mojo Risin'

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14032 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone that's what I was thinking Military.

I guess MOJO14 knows were I live he or she flew right over my place. Big Grin

Posts: 13020 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
MOJO JOJO is the crazy super intellectual villain monkey in PowerPuff Girls. If he is unleashing yet another plot to take over the world we are in trouble.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4MUL8R,

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5050 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
All the time
Picture of Gear.Up
posted Hide Post
Blackhawks from the LA Army National Guard

Posts: 2320 | Location: East TN | Registered: July 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
MOJO A-10, MI ANG Battle Creek MI

This is also known and BAD MOJO.... Big Grin

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37949 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post