SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ***UPDATE!!***California town is exempting themselves from the sanctuary city law!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

***UPDATE!!***California town is exempting themselves from the sanctuary city law! Login/Join 
posted
It's a start.......

https://www.ocregister.com/201...-over-sanctuary-law/

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cda926,

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
How interesting. We will soon see how the Whackyland State Government, um I mean Despots in charge, will react to this.

Posts: 11846 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
still some sense left in the OC it seems.

Posts: 8146 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Curious.

CA believes it is exempt from Fed law on this. And with the same thinking, Los Alamitos is declaring they are exempt from CA law. How will Moonbeam Brown et al reconcile such?

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, that’s a start. I’d prefer to see every state politician who voted for the sanctuary law and moonbeam who signed it found guilty of treason and locked up for a good long time, but maybe this is a start...

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I have often wished states would exempt themselves from federal firearms laws, just to see how the liberals heads would explode. I'm quite sure they would be all over the TV explaining how federal law overrode state law and how those states needed to be punished.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SevenPlusOne
posted Hide Post
They also have "In God We Trust" mounted on the wall.... are they really in California?

"Ninja kick the damn rabbit"

Posts: 4618 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: October 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's Orange County. Unless things have changed, it tended to lean more conservative.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts." Sherlock Holmes

Posts: 1286 | Registered: February 26, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
And this is what happens when people opt to ignore the law...chaos ensues. As all of us here understand, the law and everyone voluntarily adhering to it is the web that holds society together. California continues to lay the foundation for complete chaos.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Sounds like someone in that awful state still has some sense left in them.

I'm fine with California not wanting to follow federal laws but it would come with some stipulations:

-no federal tax dollars for you
-no voting for the president
-import/export taxes on goods to/from California

Posts: 13112 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Under Federal law Santuary Citys are illegal,how could California force this town to abide by an illegal act.

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What needs to happen next is several other CA cities follow suit. Moonbeam can't possibly sue them all simultaneously with any expectation of winning. I really wonder what would happen then....

Posts: 809 | Location: Georgia | Registered: August 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why have we not seen a city/county/state exempt itself from income tax laws? I mean, if any entity can exempt itself from federal law, do it for something with REAL impact.

Posts: 1892 | Location: KY | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGSense:
Why have we not seen a city/county/state exempt itself from income tax laws? I mean, if any entity can exempt itself from federal law, do it for something with REAL impact.
Or how about exempting themselves from federal firearms requirements. However, the end result of this behavior is still chaos.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It passed 4-1!!

I'll bet a bunch of folks in Sacramento are having seizures.

The solo dissenting vote was based on the cost of defending the ordinance in court not the principle involved if I read the article correctly.

Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

Yes - there are a few of us here behind enemy lines:

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10705 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
The doctrine of nullification in 2018. History repeating itself. We've been around this block before and then some. Governor Brown however is no Andrew Jackson.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:

Yes - there are a few of us here behind enemy lines...

Synth, what is the chance any town in the Bay Area will do the same? (I think we both know the answer to that Smile )

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
the more dissension and disruption in California the better

the sooner it will bring that place to its justifiable end

and given that the state is bankrupt (morally as well), how is he going t afford to sue everyone - and supposes he loses? how is he going to pay?

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53181 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by synthplayer:
quote:

Yes - there are a few of us here behind enemy lines...

Synth, what is the chance any town in the Bay Area will do the same? (I think we both know the answer to that Smile )

Just don’t tank the economy there. My future depends on it.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post