SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Daughter (Marine) is being deployed to Afghanistan. Question...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Daughter (Marine) is being deployed to Afghanistan. Question... Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thunderson:
A friend of mine recommended some of the female soldiers carry small neck knives for late night latrine trips or showering. Ecos used to make decent marking knives with sheaths but I don't think there are making them now. Other manufactures make them. Some examples in the link below. If worn on neck, a breakaway chain is recommended. The idea is something small and unobtrusive that will make someone think twice.

The violin knives on this link are closest to what ECOS used to make.

linky

Please give her our thanks for her service.

Another good choice:

http://www.piranhaknife.com

Mini is extremely fast and sharp.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Again, thanks for the advice, fellas. I've sent her a link to this thread and she has personally seen all of your thanks for her service.

Because of this thread, I was able to put her in contact with someone on base who is "in the know" that will be giving her all the details she needs to know and will be able to answer all of her and my questions. I'm still blown away by it.

And to that person, I can't thank you enough for reaching out to us.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5396 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Wanna Missile
Picture of tanksoldier
posted Hide Post
quote:
do all marines share in regular patrols, or only certain MOS's

Typically REMFs do local defensive patrols if they patrol at all.

"I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight."
GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

Posts: 21542 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: January 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
Please thank your daughter for serving her Country.

BTW, is it possible for your Daughter to take along an Airweight S&W J frame .38spl for constant self protection?

No. Privately-owned weapons are prohibited.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post