SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Retired - 25 years, 5 months, 17 days
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Retired - 25 years, 5 months, 17 days Login/Join 
Picture of SIGguy229
posted
Well...it's been a great ride serving in the Air Force these last 25 years. Bittersweet only because the team I closed out my career with, is chock-full of rockstars who I enjoyed working with the last two years.

Multiple combat deployments, leading Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines; squadron command, deputy group commander, and then wing director of staff; I have no regrets.

My family endured my time away, but then enjoyed living in overseas for 3 years.

Now I have 110 days to chill out, ramp up, and then find a second career (I have a few leads)...and deal with the VA in my "spare" time. Part of the "chill out" plan involves horseback riding, of which I have a 13 year old quarterhorse waiting on me, who I ride 2-3 days a week already.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
Thank you for your service.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and thank you for your service!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38647 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
congratulations. I dont know what my plan will be. I have threatened to do something silly, like get a camper and follow the NASCAR circuit for a year Smile Or visit baseball parks.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3588 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
...do justly, love
mercy, walk humbly...
posted Hide Post
Congrats! Hope you enjoy your "retirement" and also your next stage of life!

Posts: 740 | Location: Upstate, SC | Registered: September 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Congratulations from an Air Force clan here! Best of luck for the future.

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
I'll chime in...a BIG THANK YOU SIR for your service and enjoy your well earned retirement Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10584 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations

Enjoy your retirement, you earned it.

Posts: 921 | Registered: June 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Congratulations.

Second career? Golf Pro?

Posts: 1551 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats and THANK YOU for your service!!!

Posts: 715 | Location: NE Iowa | Registered: October 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Common sense is genius dressed in its working clothes
Picture of sandman76
posted Hide Post
Congratulations for closing the chapter on this career. Best of luck in the future.

Posts: 1957 | Location: Douglas County, Colorado | Registered: July 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and thank you.

When you began your Military career, did you know/plan to make it a career?

Enjoy your well deserved time off and good luck with your future.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Velvet Voicebox
posted Hide Post
Congrats, thanks for your service, and welcome to the club. You will enjoy it.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

Posts: 7655 | Location: KCMO | Registered: August 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redhookbklyn
posted Hide Post
Thank you for you service.

Enjoy your ride into the sunset and best wishes with your future plans.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
—Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1930 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Thank you and enjoy your retirement.

Posts: 5616 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
First and foremost, Thank you for your service to our country.
Secondly, congratulations and enjoy retirement to the fullest!!.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIGguy229
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
Congratulations and thank you.

When you began your Military career, did you know/plan to make it a career?

Enjoy your well deserved time off and good luck with your future.

I did. I can honestly say, I've lived the dream. I thought I was going to retire at 20 years and 1 day, but I've been fortunate to be offered additional jobs to stay. My secondary goal was to stay until 28 years of service. Unfortunately, after multiple injuries and surgeries, I can no longer serve in a deployed capacity, so it was time for me to go.

Posts: 1721 | Location: South.....Carolina | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SSgt USMC/Vet
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your down time Sir and thank you for your service to our country. Good luck with your second career.

Posts: 1953 | Location: Northern Virginia/Buggs Island, Boydton Va. | Registered: July 13, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Congrats. Take some time off, enjoy life. Thanks for your service too.

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10908 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Trust me, I am a
Professional Engineer.
Picture of RespectTheAmish
posted Hide Post
Sir,

From a military spouse here at Shaw, guessing that you are here too from your location, thank you for all that you have done here at Shaw and your years of service.

Posts: 482 | Location: Wish I was in Indy | Registered: June 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post