SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I sold a sportbike and will soon pick up my first adventure bike (BMW GS)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I sold a sportbike and will soon pick up my first adventure bike (BMW GS) Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
vthoky, I don’t think those guys would like my typical summer riding attire. They sound like hardcore ATGATT proponents. I had a GSX-R rider stop and comment on my lack of gear this past summer. I was on the way to the pool and was shocked to get lectured by someone about gear while they were on the quintessential squid bike. I guess they sell gixxers to anyone these days. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21106 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Ehh... gear is good, I won't deny.

But the [slightly snotty] "we ride year round, why don't you" bit, I can live without.

The snotty side of me wants to blurt out something like, "if I had paychecks like yours, I could ride a BMW too," but I manage to keep that bottled. Mostly.

That said... how many bikes in your garage now, stick? Any progress on the big XS-Eleven project?

God bless America.

Posts: 13497 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Vthoky, the Yamaha XS is sitting next to the BMW GS in the garage. Unfortunately the XS keeps having bikes jump in front of it in the “needs to get fixed queue”. But yeah, I need to get the XS going soon.

If you count quads I’m up to nine (7 if you don’t count the ATVs) but I have a few bikes I keep in Virginia.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21106 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post