SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whatever happened to members Blindref, MissippiGal..
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whatever happened to members Blindref, MissippiGal.. Login/Join 
Picture of SIGfourme
posted
It seems that their posts have trailed off. LDBaker45 has been quiet for a long time until the karma by Q. Kinda made me think on who has been missing from the site.

Posts: 2295 | Location: Southeast CT | Registered: January 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Blindref just disappeared.

MississippiGal had family heath issues that she posted almost a year ago here in this thread, bottom of p. 1. https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...030071154#3030071154

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
I saw Blindref a few months ago. He was alive and well, but without as much time to get on the forum as in the past.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Sigforum truly is the best site on the internet. No other explanation necessary.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
Hello to all my SigForum Friends/Family

I have logged onto SigForum a few times this past year but only had a few minutes to see what everyone was doing then back to my family needs here.
Here is an update that I have been slow getting back to all of you. I am sorry it took so long.

Last I posted we have moved into a gated lake community which is much more manageable for us. Hubby had a rough start here heath wise and in April 2019 his Neck issues took a bad turn and he quickly began to lose all features of his right arm.
I have seen him in pain in the past 41 years of marriage ( 2 major back surgeries) but this one was just awful.
He had just recovered from our move here and the breathing issue that he had experienced from his airway closing up ... so to have neck issue take a bad turn was pretty hard to watch.

Thank God that President Donald Trump has pushed to Go Button for Veterans to get private care when the local VA cannot supply their care. It took a couple of Months to get MRIs and to get seen by a Dr. down in Hattiesburg Ms (1 1/2 hours away). They immediately confirmed surgery was needed ASAP. We quickly got into that and then with 6 weeks in a collar at home. So we have been doing recuperating for the last few months. Happy to report that he has the use of his arm back and could even mash remote control buttons for TV ... hours after surgery! Still has some pain but not anywhere near what was going on in April 2019.
My youngest son had had really back wreck a little better than a year ago but is doing really good. We are really blessed he is still with us. God does send miracles every single day.
Fast forward to Halloween 2019 ( morning) and I was sound asleep ... but awoke with some pretty bad chest pains. I have had these before .. no big deal so I thought getting out of bed about 5:30 AM to “ walk it off” would work.
Apparently not. By 6:00 AM I woke hubby up and explained that this time the pain was not getting better .. actually getting worse . My right arm began to hurt. We went to ER and long story short ... not a heart attack .. some form of Angina .. some meds to start taking and so goes my days and nights.

I want to Thank those who have ask about me/us and say that I miss all of you and think of you many times. As most old timers on the forum know ... you were never my customers ... you were and always will be my Friends/Family.
Especially Thanks to Para & LBJ.

Hope everyone’s Thanksgiving was Blessed and that each and everyone of you have a Very Merry Christmas.
Remember .... Jesus is the Reason for the Season.
God Bless You All
Most Sincerely
Donna

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Donna, for the update. God Bless you and your family.

Q

Posts: 26204 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Thank you, Donna, for the update. God Bless you and your family.

+ 1 buzzilion! Big Grin :thumbsup:

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Yes, thank you Donna. Good to hear from you and that things are some better. A prayer sent for you and yours. Sincerely, orc.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19111 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Wow that sounds like a rough stretch. Hope 2020 is easy sailing!

Posts: 13735 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. Prayers continue to be offered for you and your family.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The update is appreciated, adding our prayers for your family....

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
Picture of thomjb
posted Hide Post
Donna you all are in my prayers

Thom

"Tulta munille!"
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NRA Certified Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
SAF Life Member

Posts: 2835 | Location: SouthWest IN | Registered: August 07, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prayers sent, thanks for update Donna.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
All the best Donna, always Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Best wishes!

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I wanna go home
Picture of jeeperxd
posted Hide Post
Good to hear from you again. I miss the talks we used to have.
I wish you and your family the best.

Posts: 1199 | Location: Pa | Registered: December 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
Good to hear Donna. I miss buying firearms from such a kind person and excellent gun shop. Lord be with you and your husband and children.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12569 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MississippiGal:
Hello to all my SigForum Friends/Family

I have logged onto SigForum a few times this past year but only had a few minutes to see what everyone was doing then back to my family needs here.
Here is an update that I have been slow getting back to all of you. I am sorry it took so long.

Last I posted we have moved into a gated lake community which is much more manageable for us. Hubby had a rough start here heath wise and in April 2019 his Neck issues took a bad turn and he quickly began to lose all features of his right arm.
I have seen him in pain in the past 41 years of marriage ( 2 major back surgeries) but this one was just awful.
He had just recovered from our move here and the breathing issue that he had experienced from his airway closing up ... so to have neck issue take a bad turn was pretty hard to watch.

Thank God that President Donald Trump has pushed to Go Button for Veterans to get private care when the local VA cannot supply their care. It took a couple of Months to get MRIs and to get seen by a Dr. down in Hattiesburg Ms (1 1/2 hours away). They immediately confirmed surgery was needed ASAP. We quickly got into that and then with 6 weeks in a collar at home. So we have been doing recuperating for the last few months. Happy to report that he has the use of his arm back and could even mash remote control buttons for TV ... hours after surgery! Still has some pain but not anywhere near what was going on in April 2019.
My youngest son had had really back wreck a little better than a year ago but is doing really good. We are really blessed he is still with us. God does send miracles every single day.
Fast forward to Halloween 2019 ( morning) and I was sound asleep ... but awoke with some pretty bad chest pains. I have had these before .. no big deal so I thought getting out of bed about 5:30 AM to “ walk it off” would work.
Apparently not. By 6:00 AM I woke hubby up and explained that this time the pain was not getting better .. actually getting worse . My right arm began to hurt. We went to ER and long story short ... not a heart attack .. some form of Angina .. some meds to start taking and so goes my days and nights.

I want to Thank those who have ask about me/us and say that I miss all of you and think of you many times. As most old timers on the forum know ... you were never my customers ... you were and always will be my Friends/Family.
Especially Thanks to Para & LBJ.

Hope everyone’s Thanksgiving was Blessed and that each and everyone of you have a Very Merry Christmas.
Remember .... Jesus is the Reason for the Season.
God Bless You All
Most Sincerely
Donna

So sorry to hear about your troubles!

Hang in there and please let us know if we can do anything. Be aware that my prayers are going up for you and yours!!!!!!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
A new year coming; things will be better. All the best to you and yours

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post