SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    TV Show Alert - Blazing Saddles
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

TV Show Alert - Blazing Saddles Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
is on the Sundance channel...

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Appreciated!

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Does this channel edit movies? Some like AMC even edit the farts out of the campfire scene.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Does this channel edit movies? Some like AMC even edit the farts out of the campfire scene.

Yes, unfortunately.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Definitely one of my many guilty pleasures Big Grin

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SF Jake
posted Hide Post
damn...I rented it on netflix two weeks ago and watched it with my daughter!

Posts: 3119 | Location: southern connecticut | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Reminds of a time when the whole country could laugh at, with and for each other.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8524 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
I get two channels called Indieplex and Retroplex. They don't commercialize or edit movies.

Posts: 27929 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bought the "Blazing Saddles" DVD when it was $3.95 in the Best Buy cheap movie bin a few years ago.

Bought several for Christmas gifts.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
I've got the special edition DVD. LOts of info. Initially, the Waco Kid, a washed up drunk, was going to be played by a washed up drunk actor.
He went into convulsions filming the first scene.

IT even got a couple of Oscar nominations.

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:
I've got the special edition DVD. LOts of info. Initially, the Waco Kid, a washed up drunk, was going to be played by a washed up drunk actor.

Gig Young?

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:

Yes, unfortunately.

That's one reason I bought the DVD some years back.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9145 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For me some of the jokes are lost due to the bleeping out, although i did watch it on sundance, in fact im watching spies like us now...

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
quote:
Originally posted by Floyd D. Barber:

Gig Young?

Bingo

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
You can watch it on Utube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyfklSB6cYs

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The edited version isn't even worth watching IMO.

Posts: 20083 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post