SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Seattle may want taxes to stop Trump, but Massachusetts has begun impeachment proceedings
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Seattle may want taxes to stop Trump, but Massachusetts has begun impeachment proceedings Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted

Posts: 2769 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Dumb-assery at it's most potent.

Trump at least made the majority of his wealth, whereas the Roosevelts, Kennedys and others just inherited their wealth without creating anything.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I thought ol joe Kennedy was a booze runnin gangsta?

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24055 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
I thought ol joe Kennedy was a booze runnin gangsta?

He was, but most of his offspring have raven done an honest day's work in their lives.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The scary thing to me is that these people, and millions like them on the left, believe themselves to be righteous protectors of this nation. And they will damn anyone that doesn't see it their way.

Posts: 430 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Just keep bringing it, dumb-asses.

The vast "middle America" will keep shifting right.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
Anyone have a link or the text of the story?

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9152 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Lol, nobody cares about what people in Brookline have to say.

Posts: 6344 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Scratch Massachusetts off my to visit list.
The man beat Clinton, accept the results.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
It's like kids playing cops n robbers. "Good job getting the bad guys Timmy. Here's a cookie. Now go play some more."

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
Just keep bringing it, dumb-asses.

The vast "middle America" will keep shifting right.

This, in spades.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15554 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Skeptic
Picture of Mike the Texan
posted Hide Post
Brookline Town Meeting calls on Congress to investigate Trump

By John Hilliard Globe Correspondent May 26, 2017

Brookline’s Town Meeting voted Thursday to call on Congress to launch an investigation into whether President Trump’s business dealings violate the Constitution.

The measure asks the members of the US House of Representatives to determine whether there are sufficient grounds to impeach Trump for violating the Constitution’s emoluments clause by failing to divest himself of his businesses, or place his money in a blind trust, while in office.

“We believe it’s important to pursue these violations of the emoluments clause as a matter of precedent, to make it clear that no president may violate the Constitution with impunity,” Alexandra Borns-Weil told Town Meeting members Thursday.

Borns-Weil, with Lisa Kolarik, were able to bring the measure to Town Meeting for a vote after gathering more than 400 signatures from fellow Brookline residents.

The constitutional provision states that no one holding federal office shall “accept of any present, emolument, office, or title, of any kind whatever, from any king, prince, or foreign state” without Congress’ permission.

The elected members of Town Meeting voted 158 - 2 in favor of the measure, with 13 abstentions. The town’s selectmen and advisory committee also supported passage.

Kolarik told the Globe the vote shows “we the people have been heard.”

“I think the resolution’s passage reaffirms that we the people want to live in a constitutional democracy that respects the rule of law,” she said in an e-mail.

The resolution passed in Brookline is based on a draft released by Impeach Trump Now, a national campaign that encourages supporters to use the measure as the basis for citizen petitions submitted to local governments.

With Thursday’s vote, Brookline joins local communities including Cambridge, Amherst, Pelham, and Leverett in calling for a Trump probe.

The national impeachment campaign said in a statement last month that three California cities and Charlotte, Vt., have also passed similar calls to investigate the president.

Michael A. Burstein, a Town Meeting member from Brookline’s precinct 12 who voted for the measure, told the Globe he believes local officials have the responsibility to act.

“The fact that this resolution was brought by over 400 regular town voters shows there is widespread approval in town for this resolution,” Burstein said in an e-mail.

The vote comes after a special counsel was appointed to oversee an investigation into whether Trump’s campaign worked with Russia, while the House and Senate intelligence committees have launched their own reviews.

John Hilliard can be reached at john.hilliard@globe.com.

Posts: 220 | Location: Near a white sand beach. | Registered: October 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
This is happening in that bastion of constitutional wisdom, called mass-a-2-shits.

They must be drinking from the same sewer as "maxine"!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25642 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
GDCs

#cnnblackmail

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
half of the top stories listed on that page were anti trump, one was about "Ending the Ronald Regan Lie" on about Trumps son, and a climate change story...

Hilarious, Trump owns that paper lock stock and barrel, they can't help themselves...

Posts: 23381 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I say we march up there and burn a few of the heretics at the stake. I hear that's a thing up there.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
burning at the stake was fun by all except for one person, but my favorite was being crushed between two huge rocks

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Uh, the Brookline Town Meeting jerking off, doesn't mean "Massachusetts has begun impeachment proceedings."

Also, the burnings, dowsing, and crushing happened in Salem, not Brookline.

Really, inside I95 should be it's own state, and New New Hampshire will make it's money off of selling drinking water to Snobachusetts.

Brookline. Just one of a number of extremely wealthy towns chock full of sheltered leftists, that immediately surround Boston.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
As Arc and others including myself many times, NOT all of us Massholes are libtards. Some of us fight the good fight as best we can.

This picture of my boy was taken last night. He wanted no part of visiting the Donkey table, but spent his own money to make a donation to the "good guys" and dunk a "CNN host" into a dunk tank ( missed with the baseball but ran up to the target yelling "you're fake news" and pushed the button anyway... got a pic with President Trump's standup too.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
This is the last Massachusetts politician I remember being from Brookline:

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3445 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post