SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gmc Safari van fan problem
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gmc Safari van fan problem Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
If it's easy to get to like the other poster mentioned before me. Do it yourself. It's around 6 or 7 small bolts and 2 wires to change the blower motor. I'd do the resistor too if it's easy to get to. Both parts should cost less than $100. I'd recommend going with factory parts as most aftermarket stuff like this is crap.

I had a shop change the blower motor on my 2008 expedition. They charged me a 1/2 hour labor. To give you an example of how quick it could be if it's easy access.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If it was only the resistor, it’d work on 4.

The blower motors on these are brush motors -pull it, take off the back, clean out the immense amount of dust, lightly sand the brushes and put it back together.

Or get a new one and a new resistor from rockauto and install both - when one starts failing, it brings down the other.

Lots of pics and how-to here:
http://www.astrosafari.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=13764

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Wow, thanks Leeann, I am a huge
'see it" learner. I appreciate that link. I need to get the van in a warm work area after studying the link. Thank you so much.

I also think you nailed what my problem is.

Maybe I will give it a whirl.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19186 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv0P-uoXMCU

Links on the right might be helpful.

HTH

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It really isn’t difficult, I promise.

Good luck Smile

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I think the blower motor is around $45.00. A friend paid that amount for his in a Chevy Tahoe.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post